Boot Won't Open

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOOKIEBROWN101

My T-Reg 1.7 Puma's boot suddenly refused to open last week. I have tried opening the boot with the key and with the central locking but it just won't budge. It won't even make that typical noise it usually makes which indicates that it's trying to open.

I've had a good hunt for a manual release by going through the back seat but still no joy. Really could use some advice before going the route of a mechanic. Is it a fuse or a battery problem? Or a mechanical problem?

Thanks.

Thanks very much for your help. This looks extremely promising! I'll let you know how I get on.

Found the manual release, and the boot popped right
open cheers. I think it's an electrical problem as the mechanism seems to work fine so I assume that I need to replace some sort of actuator or solenoid. I'll check the fuses tomorrow and see if anything is awry there first though.

If its not making a noise when you press the remote or the button then it is probably the solenoid.... (but i dont know for sure i never had one fail on me ... maybe someone else has???)

First check the fuses and try cleaning the magnetic contacts that locks the boot maybe they are just gummed up... if that doesn't work it is probably the solenoid.

mines the same but if i put pressure on the boot and press button it opens x

Latest posts

Back