Brake and fuel lines

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannyeff

I have been told my brake and fuel lines require a replacement. Not the flexi ones. Has people had this job done in the past? How much are we talking.

My exhaust is also blown so tempted to buy an aftermarket or mabe just replace it. Any feedback welcome

This sounds like a Halfords or Kwik fit MOT failure. All four wheels have reasonably short brake pipe runs before there's a joint so if you can't do the work yourself take it to a trusted local garage and it shouldn't be too expensive. I don't know of anyone who's mentioned serious corrosion on the fuel pipes so that sounds like a garage money maker. The exhaust can be a absolute pig to get off as the bolts from the downpipe are always siezed on but get a price from a decent (not chain) retailer and you should get it done cheaply.
Barry

I dont know about the fronts but its often possible to buy the rear brake pipes already made up with the connectors on the end,as per above the rears are fairly short and iirc you have to take the two front bolts holding the petrol tank out and tilt it down to route them. Or you can buy pipe and connectors and the tool for flaring the ends of the pipe and make up your own.

The same supplier does do the fronts as well:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261263435905?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rears:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ONE-PAIR-FORD-PUMA-REAR-REPLACEMENT-BRAKE-PIPES-/251490526580?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a8e00e574" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I did the rears (with ebay ready made) on mine without dropping the tank, just takes a bit longer and you bend the pipes to suit once you have threaded them through the gap, I re-routed mine ever so slightly to make it easier as well, (tape over the end first to keep crap out)

As above with the fuel pipes, very rare for them to corrode unless you have put the car in a river!

Back