Brake disc size for 2001 Puma 1.7

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrahamChm

Hi,
Just bought 239.5mm brake discs for my 2001 Puma 1.7 and have a horrible feeling they may be too small? Do they need to be 260mm?

I`m sorry to be the one, but yes.
On a 2001 you will have the larger 258mm disc
tell your part supplier, I`m sure he`d be happy to sort you out with the right stuff and see you come back to him next time you need something..

dont trust ebay compatabilty lists! :x
'it`s best to identify the part you want to replace and a quick ask will set you off on the right track. (it will on this forum anyhow)
Look on the bright side, if his listing is wrong, he is at fault, so you are due a refund (make him pay return p&p).
If he refuses, open a case, it`s surprising how ebay traders react, especially if theyre wrong.

Presumably there's no way to adjust things to make them fit? I'm anticipating a struggle getting the money back...

Hi Graham
Bfore you even try to send the discs back just take a wheel off and double check with a tape measure. You may have the right discs. :grin:
Barry

sorry to ask but what year was it that they did the bigger discs ? i have a 2000 x reg and think they are the 240mm ones

GrahamChm said:
Nightmare. Why are companies on Ebay saying they're compatible?

Because they don't have a clue and don't bother to check, mostly.

If they were posted to you and fewer than 14 days have passed you legally have the right to return under Distance Selling Regulations.

If they're on Ebay then Ebay has its own judge and jury :lol: and you have the Ebay law on your side.

If its over the counter then go back there and tell them. Most if not all motor factors see this on daily basis and it won't be any real surprise.

Dave - yours are probably 259s - Feb 2000 which means it can't really be on an X reg and be older. See my reply in your thread. Need your reg number to know build date of the car.

Latest posts

Back