Brake squeak

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its on all/most of the frp's i have it too. Tbh i dont get it going backwards so i wonder if the breaks were mounted the wrong way.

I'd say just strip the brakes down and give them a good clean then use plenty of copper grease when putting back! Although I've only had the dreaded squeak once when my old pads got low but then I skimmed my discs and put the green stuff pads on and no squeaks at all!

Did you get the shims with the pads? And are they fitted? ( stupid question I know but you never know!)

Dave #0007

Yeh the sticky rubber bit are the shims!. I cut a notch out of mine and stuck them into the back of the pad and then smeared copper grease over the shim! Hope this helps!

Lol yeh yippeekiay on the back of the pad would help although I bet some one out there has put it on the pad surface!! ( in fact I'm just going to check mine lol)

Dave #0007

Bare with them a couple 1000 miles they'll soon ware in and wont be so loud. I fiddled with my brakes before i went le mans switched the pads around and the squeech was so unbareable!!! There only just quieting down now and now ive got to replace discs and new pads so got to put up with it all over again 8-(

Same as Dave,

I have green stuff and they have never squeeled, but brakes were meticulously clean and make sure that you dont have corrosion below the pad rails that make the pad stick, also chop 45 degree section off the corner of the pad on the leading edge, (same as OEM) and you shouldnt have a problem.

Simon

all pads will squeak until they are at operating temperature, for performance pads thats quite high so will generally squeak all the time until you get them hot

id bin those planks of wood you got in your calipers though and get a ds2500 or mintex 1144

Back