Braking Advice for Mintex M1144

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattspuma

Ive got myself some Mintex M1144 pads after reading some good reviews and wondered what advice you guys could offer on what discs to use with them for an occasional track day.

Is it worth getting grooved &/or drilled discs or is the price premium not worth it?

Do you think i should get Mintex discs to match with the pads or does it not matter?

Thanks in advance!!!

No experience with tracking a Puma but from what i've found with other cars you would do better spending some money on braided hoses and a high boiling point brake fluid.Only downside is you should change the fluid every year .

i kept the standard calipers and lines but upgraded the pads to brembos, discs to drilled and grooved brembos and put high performance DOT5.1 in ... went for a track day and if anything they got better as time went on!

obviously they must have been wearing in, and i was only doing short stints but there was hardly any brake fade

Yeh I wondered about dot 5.1, it might be worth doing that aswell if Im gonna upgrade the discs and pads. i'll see what discs Brembo do for the puma. Cheers

Motul RBF 600 brake fluid is what i use and it made the biggest difference to my brakes, just get grooved discs. i had drilled and grooved and small cracks appeared around the drill holes.

Latest posts

Back