Bucket seats

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scarei

Looking at getting bucket seats, more than Lilly going to be reclining ones, still want to use the back seats ATM, and I want to no there are some omp subframes on eaby do they lower the seating position? If not what subframes are there that I can use with sliders not fixed ones? Just want to sit abit lower that's all and what my options

Many thanks

Omp and sparco are the same, they lower from the standard only 10mm
Cobra are not the same but still hit the mounting points but as yet,i havent seen runners that would fit, these are generally for fixed mount but i do not know what depth change there is.

Cheers tanks I right that post in such a long winded way, all I really wanted to know if I get bucket seats what subframes will lower them?

better to go fixed bucket, no runners, use the passenger side door/seat for entry and exit...you can then be down at around 2 inches or more lower,

This might be a silly question and it may be that I am just old ....but why do you want to lower the seat position?..does nothing to aid car control unless you lower the wheel to match...also makes the gear lever too high then as well which again does nothing for control.

Add to above the decreased visibilty and you can see why I wonder.....unless of course you are using on track only.

Just curious :?

For me lower seat position feels more sporty and comfortable. The gear lever is better positioned when you're sitting lower and the steering wheel is right where I want it. Also sitting lower lowers the center of gravity.

Latest posts

Back