Buckled wheel?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shimmyhill

So i have a buckled wheel apparently, is it safe and possible to have them straightened and if so how much is it likely to cost - given that wheels come up on here regally is it even worth it?

Having just suffered the same myself, the advice I was given was that it's just as well to get second hand wheels from a puma being broken. I needed two wheels as the back two were buckled good and proper! The guy I spoke to said to refurb the wheels I'd probably be looking at between £80 and £100 whereas on ebay I may have been able to pick up second hands at £30 a pop.

Of course you run the risk of buying second hand if the wheels can't be tested before purchase - which is what happened to me but luckily the wheels I got where in near perfect condition (could tell that because there was no sign of kerbing or scratching) Turn around is also quicker if you go for second hands, not sure on refurb times but I needed my car back same day! Luckily there was a guy about 30 minutes from me breaking up a puma :D

Back