Bushes Bushes Bushes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qwertben

Since i cant find any real info,

What is the best thing to do when it comes to brushes and what sort of prices come with them

Pumabuild has a full set of powerflex for £110 consisting of front, rear and anti roll
Pumaspeed has a full set of poly for £147 same as above but include an uprated FRP A frame one

or do i just go standard at the back with frp everywhere else :S

from what I have gathered the rear beams are preferred as standard where as I like mine being powerflex

the anti roll bars as powerflex

the wishbone fronts as powerflex

the wishbone rears as FRP standards from FORD as they are around a tenner there not forty.

I am sure a lot of people have an opinion on this but thats mine aas I am in the process of buying bushes as well.

don't suppose anyone knows of a company making cheaper polyurethane bushes? i.e. powerflex?

Anti-roll bar bushes are definatly better left standard...they are material lined and absorb lots of noise and harshness.....

PF ones are prone to squeeking here and basically spoil 'the ride'... :)

el dude said:
Anti-roll bar bushes are definatly better left standard...they are material lined and absorb lots of noise and harshness.....

PF ones are prone to squeeking here and basically spoil 'the ride'... :)

My old curiass had a full set of powerflex bushes, she used to squeak over every speed bump. I deliberately didn't take her over any when the people who bought her had a test drive. :oops:

just get the standard ones i did everything seems normal cost me £110 including fitting from top gear

well ive got a friend who works for ford dealship shes gettin me most of the parts i want atm (she gets a massive 50% off :D) so i might keep them standard

at 50% its deffinately worth keeping parts original people will advise you to get powerflex but its still a used car why go to all that expense

Fully poly bushed my puma with power flex and it handles well, even better with 3 OMP struts. I think a company called floflex made cheaper ones.

wicked thanks burger - I cant find any for a puma though

maybe a bit of grease on the anti roll bar bushes to stop them squeaking?

I have the powerflex rear beams and yes they are harsh but I am confident they wont wear half as quick as ford ones. plus if they do wear down they wont be hard to replace the like the originals were.

I think Powerflex also give you a lifetime Guarantee? so long as you keep the car. The cheapest place I found was Burtons at £153 for a full set. Also the full set that Puma Speed sell (don't quote me on this) I don't think are a full set of Powerflex bushes, got a feeling that one section of the bushes are their own make, hence around £110 not £150+.
Cheers
Scott

yeh they dont include the FRP rear wishbone bushes but they come from ford for like a tenner

My puma goes in today as it spins out due to the suspension bouncing and clattering about. If it is the bushes that have went (most likely) then would the damper + spring be removed to change bushes as I was going to swap the dampers + springs to a lowered kit anyways. So instead of placing old set, mechanic would put new springs, shocks etc in. Would this be the case? Cheers

So will it be cheaper getting the lowering kit dampers and coils changed over while the bushes are getting done? Or would it not make too much of a difference to price? Thanks :-D

Got offered £60 to change shocks all round (exc parts obviously). What do we think? Fair price?

Yeah, that's not bad at all. Down here it's £50 per hour for labour so a couple of hours work at £30 per hour sounds ok to me.

Back