Caliper Mount bolts rounded

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxSparta

Soooo, went to change my disks over today, when I got the main caliper off I went to remove the mount and found both nuts were rounded off :/

Seems this car is covered in rounded off bots as half the engine cover ones are the same, but thats another story.

Anyhoo. Anyone have any ideas how to get these off? Or shall I just bite the bullet and take it to a garage?

You could try wd 40 ing to start (I always do days prior to working on rusty nuts) then try mole grips or hammering a smaller socket on or buting irwin bolt removers or similar or take a saw to them if you can, cam cover hammer in a smaller torx or hex or saw a screw head into the bolt head.

Plastic engine covers are cheap if you cock it up :thumbs:

I did lube em up but the damage was already done sadly. :-( *insert innuendo here* <-This in itself is one :wink:

There is a tyre place up the road with a good rep im gonna take ol Pumba to and see if he can pop the disks on for me.

And yeah my cover is already damaged hence trying to get it off. Im gonna use it as a tester as i have a bit of a yellow theme going on in the engine but want to see what a yellow cover looks like before doing it on a good one :)

And thanks for the tips :thumbs:

Want to see a yellow cover? just check my project pics (sorry not clever enough to give you the link)

Then my teenager stepped in!

puma002.jpg

Ford sun yellow if I remember correctly

Oooooooo... That doesnt look too bad at all. :eek:

I was worried it may be a bit overpowering but that actually looks pretty good.. Ima get the lettering done in a different colour to break it up a bit but this helps a lot! Thankies! :thumbs:

These are great tools to have in your arsenal :thumbs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IRWIN-5PC-BOLT-GRIP-NUT-BOLTS-REMOVER-BASE-SOCKET-SET-/181163443413?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2a2e2ec4d5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back