Can't remove front bumper

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think the sockets are long enough but may nip out and see if i can pick up a couple of longer ones. from what i have tried though i think the one on the passenger side may be a bit rounded as when i get a grip on the bolt and start to turn it it just jumps off. think i may have to remove the airbox though just to give myself a little more room. and impact driver i dont have at the moment.

Before you go out and get some, look with a torch into the recess and see if just the end is rounded or the whole bolt, if its completely rounded you have a couple of options... i dont think you can get a nut cracker in there, you could have someone melt it off or get a long socket, maybe 12mm or 11mm, hammer it onto the bolt until it locks then try turning again.... Those bolts are a pain in the ass... ive had issues where the plate on the other side of the bolt snapped and the whole thing just spun.... nightmare...

Flying Scotsman said:
Sparx said:
I wouldn't say that, you're amazing and fantastic and i love you :)

Aww bless you :p

Haha! You're just waiting for the day I actually say that lol :lol:

Those bolts are a right pain in the backside though, like I said earlier my bolts snapped on me trying to get them undone, really rusted and stubborn. I think your best best would be to hammer a 12mm socket on there as Mac said

Ok.. To clarify.. My bolts snapped on the other half :lol: so he can buy me some new ones :eek:k:

To be fair it's true, I couldn't turn them so I called Luke to help and he snapped them :lol:

Back