Car polishing machines / T-cut-conundrum

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fil2eFly

Has any one bought or used one of these machines and are they any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/110W-10-ELECTRIC-CAR-POLISHER-MACHINE-POLISHING-ORBITA-/190376158610?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c534da592" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My cars paint work is not bad but... I have resprayed the rear arches and the cats been dancing on the roof so needs a good going over with Tcut or something.

Iv always just used Tesco Tcut on my 4x4 because it was cheap then go over it with a bit of cheap polish,is it worth buying the proper stuff?

Not looking for a showroom finish, just something i can be proud of :D

Any tips are very welcome!

You'd really be better off asking the question on one of the detailing fora - You know, the sort where somebody posts about five and a half thousand step-by-step pictures of how he lovingly polished.. sorry.. detailed his Astra, finishing it off after 143 different steps with the application of £7,000 per tin magic glop?

i recently bought one of these m8 http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Kestrel_Dual_Action_Polisher_1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and found it easy to use.In fact I only bought one cos putting polish on by hand is too much like hard work lol :grin:

I bought one like you linked to years ago and their a bit crap to be honest.

If you check out http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you'll find all the info you need on equipment and polish wax etc.

cheers,
steve.

i got a decent enough sealey machine polisher for about £60 with variable speed control, but if you are just going to use it for your car alone it might not be worth buying a machine polisher, really depends how clean you want your car and how deep your pockets are

You dont always need a machine polisher to get good results, i use Sonus polish applicator pads and they work a treat plus theres less risk of damaging your paint if your not used to machine polishers.

You dont need to spend a fortune or go through a thousand step process to get your car looking spot on, my usual wash guide is something like this:

Wash car,
Rinse car,
De-tar with dedicated tar remover, rinse afterwards,
Clay paint to remove bonded contaminants,
Wash and dry car,
Dodo juice pre wax cleanser applied by sonus german applicator ( black side ) horizonal then virtical and ensure even coverage then remove,
Seal ( if you like ),
Wax/polish.

Any questions just fire away.

Phil

Thanks phill thats great!

Could you explain a few things to me please

*De-tar with dedicated tar remover, rinse afterwards,
*Clay paint to remove bonded contaminants,
*Seal ( if you like ),

Sorry my level of car cleaning is a bucket of soapy water and some cheapo polish :D

phil185 said:
You dont always need a machine polisher to get good results, i use Sonus polish applicator pads and they work a treat plus theres less risk of damaging your paint if your not used to machine polishers.

You dont need to spend a fortune or go through a thousand step process to get your car looking spot on, my usual wash guide is something like this:

Wash car,
Rinse car,
De-tar with dedicated tar remover, rinse afterwards,
Clay paint to remove bonded contaminants,
Wash and dry car,
Dodo juice pre wax cleanser applied by sonus german applicator ( black side ) horizonal then virtical and ensure even coverage then remove,
Seal ( if you like ),
Wax/polish.

Any questions just fire away.

Phil

Hmm, I wouldn't use polish as a last step - you'd be taking off everything you've put on :wall:

Polish would go before or instead of the pre wax cleanser stage :eek:k:

AndyW said:
Hmm, I wouldn't use polish as a last step - you'd be taking off everything you've put on :wall:

Polish would go before or instead of the pre wax cleanser stage :eek:k:

The only reason i said wax/polish is that when talking to alot of people who have never put much into cleaning their car they mistake the 2 for the same thing so its easier than going into much detail about it, then ending with saying any questions just ask then they can be directed to the right products for their need. :thumbs:

I got one of these

ebay number 120611848128

It is great and much better than the type you looked at.

How fast do they spin at as it just looks like an angle grinder with a different fitting on. I have a fitting similar to that to polish metal - as in very abrasive!!! - and am wondering if I can just fling a fitting on to actually polish up paint. I just thought my angle grinder would spin far to quickly (I think my 5" one is about 10k rpm and my 4" even quicker) for polishing paint even if a big fluffy kitten was stuck to the end, would take the paint off sooner than polish it....lol.

I have one which I use occasionally and it does give good results, better than by hand alone. I find it only works well with polish and not wax, I have to remove excess wax by hand.

Latest posts

Back