Carbon engine cover

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigk_47

A company I have dealings with is fabricating me some genuine carbon engine covers to fit our lovely pumas. They are being made as a copy of the original engine covers and will be near identical only without any of the writing or the ford badge on and in luscious luscious carbon of course!!! It'll be a few weeks before i get my hands on one to show you all but the quality is very good as said company has been knocking out quality carbon gear that you'll all have seen about for a while now. Might anybody be interested?

Are these the shortened FRP type only or the type that also attach to the inlet manifold on non FRP 1.7s?

Both :) Didn't know about the difference if I'm honest but I've just spoke to my supplier and he said it's not a problem. Gonna use my FRP one as a template. 140 is the most they're gonna be, chances are, they'll be closer to 120. Lot of money but about right I thought for proper carbon :)

Anything else anyone wants making is also a possibility if enough people are interested. Bonnets, roof skins, front splitters, FRP wing/bumpers etc, tailgates, mirror covers, stereo and clock surrounds, gear surrounds, ANYTHING

wing mirror covers for sure! id be interested in a rocker cover aswell if the price is right...

... dont worry about bonnets - weve already got them! moulded door cards are also on the way and im working on roof skins and boot lids!

interior bits im interested in as long as its an oem fit (ie has all clips etc moulded on rear)

strut tops (will need a metal insert)

front grills

headlights

rear light covers

lol!!!!!!!!!

yep, all the running bits want to be titanium!!!! altho id be happy with carbon driveshafts!!!

They don't have the needed tortienal strength do they? seen as they shatter internally on some level when they get dropped?

Im sure an FRP camcover can be made just as easily as the normal one, by cutting the front bit off just as tickford did!!

to be fair £120-150 is about right for the price of carbon camcover. Some more complicated ones go for much more and complete carbon cam covers for CVH exist at a high cost!! (thats cam cover not cam cover cover that we are on about).

does it have metal inserts where the bolts go to take the weight rather than carbon getting crushed??? especially as its a regularly removed part for servicing.

craig who is the company and whats his set up costs for moulds etc???

any photos of his other work so we can guage quality??

Hi everyone, we will be able to supply the different covers for the FRPs / standard engines to save anyone having to take a hacksaw to one. I'm afraid I can't disclose who my supplier is but I've been shown plenty of his previous work and the quality is OEM+ !!! Don't worry though, I'll get plenty of pictures of the finished articles as soon as we get the first batch through. As for the price, pumabuild charge 95 just for the painted ones and you have to give them your original for that. Not used the guy before so not quite ready to hand over 95 percent of the FRP for him to copy just yet but after we get the first batch through we'll be producing allsorts, trust me! :lol:

sounds good, id be up for one.

i think you should deffo get wing mirrors on the go aswell, i tried to get a group buy going for that but my supplier would get back to me on it

might be carbon propshafts....either way the ends will be metal....can buy them so assuming there strong enough!

Back