CD6006E repair

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian cox

Hi,
This may be of interest to some folks on here as the above unit played CD's but no FM tuner or radio.

Looking on the internet this appears to be a common problem and as I like to keep cars original so I wanted to get it fixed.
After further searching I found Maple Audio in Bath who fixed the radio, cleaned the volume control and serviced the CD mechanism for £99.99 including VAT and shipping it back to me on a next day DPD service.

Interestingly the radio had build date of November 2006 and the car was 2002 so I guess a new radio already.

I had issues with my latest addition, wouldn't tune into any stations. Lucky I had a spare unit stashed away!
I spent a while on youtube looking for a fix and the general consensus is that the 'tuner card' breaks. It can be replaced if your confident with a soldering iron. If it was me, I'd swap out the whole unit.

Rob.

I would have thought ford might have got on to visteon (Portugal ) and asked for a upgrade replacement tuner card, the "faulty batch" of units fitted with these tuner cards was from around 2000- 2007, that's a long time. The only thing that I can think of was they was produced for a set price and to upgrade it wouldn't have been an option , either way when manufacturers outsource a job you would have thought testing might have been carried out but obviously not on that occasion .

Latest posts

Back