Cheapest place to buy cable?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus000

As title really, where would I be able to pick up cheap cable for doing various bits of wiring in the car.
Mainly things like the boot switch, in-car lighting etc.
Also what gauge would I need to be using?

eBay links or just general info would be a massive help! :oops:

Rapid or RS Mr Dandy. http://www.rapidonline.com/Cables-Connectors/Equipment-Wire/Equipment-Wire/24-0.2mm-Equipment-wire/75386/kw/01-1100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (24/0.2mm Equipment wire)

24/0.2mm gauge is the same used on Computer Power Supplies, just to give you an idea of the thickness.

£8 odd for a 100 metres, can't be bad. I might just buy some of this in various colours to adorn my shelves in the garage. Actually, now I think on I think I've bloody got some which is coated in clear plastic, the stuff for speakers etc...and reels of other stuff and god knows what else :roll:

I really do have to clean out my garage sometime.....lol.

The autoleads cable at Halfords altho at retail price really is nice for the job.... especially the speaker cable which is very flexible and nice to work with.... the 8AWG power cable is a nice bit of kit too...and you'll get other accessories you need too... saves wating for post.. :)

Tried Maplin's Yip but seemed expensive hence the thread! :p

Aaron, totally forgot about Rapid, you beauty! :eek:k:

El Dude, cheers also, think I'll just raid the Rapid site and grab a few bits at once to get free postage!

Latest posts

Back