Check your driving licence!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherwass

Warning - could cost you £1000 fine!

I found the following link that I thought might be useful. Apparently, when the new picture driving licences were issued they have a time limit of 10 years. You may or not be aware of this. I have 3 years left on mine but some people who got them early have now found that they hve been driving without a licence for some time, which is illegal of course! You can find the date numbered 4b on the front, with 4a being the issue date.

Hope this helps!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 466EAA07A0

2012 for me - great heads up :eek:k:

T1ny said:
wow! this just made me think how long ive had my licence for! lol

DOB 26/05/87

I passed my test less than a year after you were born..

:shock:

mines due....got paperwork & everything ready but think iv got til nov....

spike. said:
I only have a paper one too, passed in 1989, vaild until 2043 :)

seriously its illegal to still have the paper licence, you need to get it changed as that too is classed as an incorrect licence, my ex got £500 fine for it when she was stopped 2yrs ago just on a roadside random spot check they sent her court and fined her, the court said she had enough notice to get it changed and didnt bother, she paid the fine straight away and walked out of court laughing but still not the point!

I thought that a paper licence was fine as long as the details on it had not changed eg if you get to 70, change your name or your home address you MUST get a new (card) licence

I thought that this was the system so that eventually everybody would have a new style licence without everybody having to apply at once

did you ex move house/change her name?

a mate of mine was clocked at over 120 mph (the police did him a favour and recorded it as just over 100) and because he had not had his licence updated when he had moved house he got done for that, too

damm mine only last 7yrs and up inn 2011 glad i had a look at this good link

Latest posts

Back