cigarette lighter help

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trustafox

How do you remove the cigarette lighter?
Mine stopped working, fuse had gone. Changed but the heat still does not heat.
It always did seem dickie with phone charger plugged in as often didn't seem to get a connection. Maybe lots of wiggling about has broke it.

So I can get the fascia off to see the workings behind there. I looked closely at the cig lighter body but could not figure how you unclip it to replace it.

Also, what might help is if I removed the air blower selection cable, is it easy to replace and get lined up correctly so my feet don't blow on my face!

cheers
Ja

Whic 12v Socket are we talking about, one in an ashtray or one on the HCP? They both just pop out when pushed from behind. And what do you mean about your feet blowing on your face??

Flying Scotsman said:
Whic 12v Socket are we talking about, one in an ashtray or one on the HCP? They both just pop out when pushed from behind. And what do you mean about your feet blowing on your face??

Yes HCP. Its not in the ashtray. maybe I didn't push it hard enough. didn't want to break it.

I mean if the cable gets mixed up, setting air blower to feet would blow it in my face or windscreen

Ah i see, I did the same thing, just remove it again, turn the cable and re-insert it, or is it the cogged white piece, if so, again, remove cog, turn and re-connect.

The 12v on the HCP is just a pop out thing, I now have an engine start button there.

So I just push it out forward, to the frontside of the HCP?

Are there different types of 12v to put in? so that I get the right one if mine is shot.

I did have the problem that my phone usb charger did not work. Although my satnav would. Are there some type of adaptors that don't work with the puma's or was mine faulty even then? the charger would work on my dad's focus. I put this down to his being a much newer car and a compatible 12v socket.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-Puma-Full-Heater-Control-Panel-Air-Con-/251135448721?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a78d6d691" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've done a lot of wiggling with it. phone would be charging, then suddenly not. wiggle and it would start again. then stop. and on and on and on.
cheap phone charger? satnav seemed ok. though not not as 12v went caput swapping over that and friends phone when away on holiday.

Also having an issue with a USB charger that wont get power. It's one of these, I opted for a good brand when I bought it to try to avoid stuff like this lol. Does anyone have a USB port/micro USB cable that they can confirm works with the Puma?

trustafox said:
[post]231602[/post] I did have the problem that my phone usb charger did not work. Although my satnav would. Are there some type of adaptors that don't work with the puma's or was mine faulty even then? the charger would work on my dad's focus. I put this down to his being a much newer car and a compatible 12v socket.

I have just found the exact same thing. My satnav charger works with one USB cigarette port adapter (which doesn't fallout) but when trying the same adapter my phone won't charge, so used a different adapter which now charges phone and satnav but the thing does not stay in unless you hold it in place. :roll: :cry:

Latest posts

Back