Ciggerrette burn

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tekz

Unfortunately a cherry fell off one of my cigs I was smoking the other day and I didn't realise until I wondered what that bit of smoke wafting from my nether regions was :shock: . I had to chuck Red Bull over my crotch and seat and it was a bit of a panic! :s

It burnt through my jeans, and then right into the seat upholstery. :-x

I was wondering if anyone has tried this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Repair-Prod...5W5A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319857932&sr=8-1

Seems to be pretty effective, and I'm looking for a cheap (note: really cheap ;) ) way to repair the seat, I'm just not sure how well it works.

Any other suggestions would be welcome!

Lol nah, no hot rocks involved! ;p , kinda wish it was as the hole wouldn't be so bloody big!

tekz said:
Unfortunately a cherry fell off one of my cigs I was smoking the other day and I didn't realise until I wondered what that bit of smoke wafting from my nether regions was :shock: . I had to chuck Red Bull over my crotch and seat and it was a bit of a panic! :s

It burnt through my jeans, and then right into the seat upholstery. :-x

I was wondering if anyone has tried this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Repair-Prod...5W5A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319857932&sr=8-1

Seems to be pretty effective, and I'm looking for a cheap (note: really cheap ;) ) way to repair the seat, I'm just not sure how well it works.

Any other suggestions would be welcome!
If you have the standard cloth seats i have just replaced mine for leather, you can have the seat part if youre willing to collect it before they got to the dump ?

Isn't too far at all! :D, 39 mins.
Just to be clear is that the whole seat your offering?

tekz said:
Isn't too far at all! :D, 39 mins.
Just to be clear is that the whole seat your offeringquote] yeah,
You can have whatever you wish ofrom my old interior, I was only gonna
dump it anyways. they are In very good condition too

That's awesome mate, is it difficult to replace? my only vehicle is my puma so I'm guessing would have to do it on the spot unless it would fit in my boot?

tekz said:
That's awesome mate, is it difficult to replace? my only vehicle is my puma so I'm guessing would have to do it on the spot unless it would fit in my boot?
If the burn is just on the seat part aka the bottom part you can just change that, its easily done. iirc its four bolts to replace that or take the whole seat which im sure will fit in your puma if you put the rear seats down.

You'll need to disconnect the battery for at least half an hour to make sure the seatbelt autotensioners don't discharge when you disconnect them.

Thanks for the advice, I'll bring my trusty torx set along! :D, when can I come to collect mate? is Friday evening or Saturday afternoon ok?
Thanks again,
Will

tekz said:
Thanks for the advice, I'll bring my trusty torx set along! :D, when can I come to collect mate? is Friday evening or Saturday afternoon ok?
Thanks again,
Will
Friday or Saturday is good for me, yeah you will need to disconnect the battery for a while. Did you want the entire seat or just the bottom half ?

Erm, just the bottom half I think, do you have passenger side too? Are all the puma seats the same colour?
Sorry for the influx of questions, just trying to figure out if I should take the bottom or whole seat.

tekz said:
Erm, just the bottom half I think, do you have passenger side too? Are all the puma seats the same colour?
Sorry for the influx of questions, just trying to figure out if I should take the bottom or whole seat.
Yup I have the full interior you can take what you want but I don't think you will be able to fit both whole front seats in your puma

Well, I'll drive up and see the best plan of action :p Hopefully the seats are the same colour or close and then I'll just take the bottom bit of the drivers seat. My seats are kinda charcoaly dark colour.
Will pm you.
Thanks again,
Will

Back