classicars on Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
print a bit dark but saying better ones 3-4k now... they think a bright future for Pum
As the numbers fall, the price of decent Puma's are bound to go up. There are still quite a few rough/tatty ones around, but some of those will be restored, but professional restoration would not be economically viable at present, unless it was an FRP.

When and where was the £9K one sold out of interest?
it said that one was 13k miles on carandclassic auctions - summary to the piece is they are saying prices only going one way based on like for Fords - Cubatoo,,, yes good point but 30 yrs ago how many people gave up on their esccorts and carpi and lived to regret it....

it said that one was 13k miles on carandclassic auctions - summary to the piece is they are saying prices only going one way based on like for Fords - Cubatoo,,, yes good point but 30 yrs ago how many people gave up on their esccorts and carpi and lived to regret it....
Indeed, I have had mine since around 2009 and 49,000 miles and still love it to bits!
No regrets except not driiling out the sill drainage holes I didn't know I had :rolleyes:

Hi everyone,
My name is Edward and I’m a newbie to the forum.
I’ve had a few Pumas - when they were new as company cars and also a few recently.
I live on a busy road and the last one got crunched….. 😢🙄
My most recent one I bought just a few weeks ago. My friend pointed me in its direction as he saw the ad on facebook marketplace and knows I love these.
It’s a silver 2000 ‘W’ reg and (I can’t believe no one beat me to it!) it’s done 12500 miles (ok 11500 when I bought it and no I haven’t missed a zero!) with one owner and full service history.
I had it up on a ramp when I bought it and it is completely rust free underneath, and wheel arches are perfect.
It has had one little disagreement on the front wing which requires attention - if it weren’t for a bit of broken paint I’d probably leave it - and a couple of marks on the bumpers which I almost certainly won’t bother with.
When I bought it I thought it had had a roughish blow over but the more I look at it, the more I think it is just flat and needs a machine polish - there’s no sign of overspray anywhere…..
It’s also got fully stamped history up to date and mileage checks out on the MOT checker - one owner before me from new as well!
Feeling like a lucky boy to have found it - going to get the cambelt done as despite the last service saying “Full service” there is no evidence to suggest it has had a cambelt.
Pleased to be part of the forum - sure I’ll have some questions here and there.
Not least:
Should I just daily it until it rusts and falls apart?
Is there anything I can do to prevent aforementioned rust?
Apart from garaging it because I’ve got another toy in there……
I look forward to hearing back from people with their thoughts.
Happy Puma-ing! 😀

Welcome to the site, that is indeed unbelievably low mileage!

Up to you have you want to use it, sounds like it'd give years of service as a daily.

There's a few threads on the forum all about what people have done in terms of rust prevention, it usually involves a ramp, wire brush and some antirust protection underseal etc. People have also applied similar from the inside.

I've tried to find it online to satisfy my curiosity but I can't find it anywhere.

Hi everyone,
My name is Edward and I’m a newbie to the forum.
I’ve had a few Pumas - when they were new as company cars and also a few recently.
I live on a busy road and the last one got crunched….. 😢🙄
My most recent one I bought just a few weeks ago. My friend pointed me in its direction as he saw the ad on facebook marketplace and knows I love these.
It’s a silver 2000 ‘W’ reg and (I can’t believe no one beat me to it!) it’s done 12500 miles (ok 11500 when I bought it and no I haven’t missed a zero!) with one owner and full service history.
I had it up on a ramp when I bought it and it is completely rust free underneath, and wheel arches are perfect.
It has had one little disagreement on the front wing which requires attention - if it weren’t for a bit of broken paint I’d probably leave it - and a couple of marks on the bumpers which I almost certainly won’t bother with.
When I bought it I thought it had had a roughish blow over but the more I look at it, the more I think it is just flat and needs a machine polish - there’s no sign of overspray anywhere…..
It’s also got fully stamped history up to date and mileage checks out on the MOT checker - one owner before me from new as well!
Feeling like a lucky boy to have found it - going to get the cambelt done as despite the last service saying “Full service” there is no evidence to suggest it has had a cambelt.
Pleased to be part of the forum - sure I’ll have some questions here and there.
Not least:
Should I just daily it until it rusts and falls apart?
Is there anything I can do to prevent aforementioned rust?
Apart from garaging it because I’ve got another toy in there……
I look forward to hearing back from people with their thoughts.
Happy Puma-ing! 😀
Wow.
You certainly did get lucky.
If it's really in such great condition, then it probably is on track to be one of the best remaining examples and maybe should be considered a classic in the making.
What spec is it?
Can you share pictures?
I'm sure plenty of people will be interested

Latest posts

Back