clutch???

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taliabee

please help, peeps, flissy is poorly.
i've noticed over the past few days that i think the clutch is slipping. now, this is a term i've heard but am hazy as to its meaning...you know what i'm like...
as i'm going up the gears, instead of responding in her usual lovely way, she is not and the rev counter is going a bit loopy and i have to be very exact indeed about when i change gear. her usual power is not there on acceleration (in all gears, i would say).
i've not explained this very well, i hope you get what i mean. other than that, she seems to be driving fine.
so, is it the clutch? and, if so, how on earth much will it cost?? man, this is bad timing...
any advice gratefully received, peeps...i'll be back here in a bit!
love, talia (and a poorly missfliss) xx

please can anyone help? situation is urgent! i need to get home if i can - is it realistically likely to last from p'boro to herts?? there is a good garage here but i dont know if i've enough money for it before payday on friday and i cant stay here til then...if anyone can give an idea of what it will realistically cost or let me know how long it may last, i'd be very grateful. i've tried doing a search but it just seems to bring up a lot of info about different sorts of clutch!
cheers
t xx

Hey talia sorry for the delay.

Mine lasted about 6 months like that- btu that was being very gentle with it.

It then went bad very quickly over the later part of winter. It should be fine, but once whome its a case of park up and wait for it to be changed

Mine was £446.21 from ford but it was a birthday present.

You can get it done for less then that.

Hey Talia, as Scotty said, it does sound like the clutch.

Mine went back in 2006 and it cost me about £350 at a local garage. I'm sure prices would have gone up abit since then though. Good luck with getting her sorted

:)

well, she drove back from whittlesey like a dream...not the slightest problem at all!!! obviously something needs attention and my work has a 'deal' with the garage next door as they service our vans so, after payday (end of this week), i'll get her in and see what's what...

poor flissy...though you'd not've suspected anything was wrong today!

t xx

I managed to get 20k out of mine after it started to slip intermittently. If it starts to slip ease back on the revs until it catches again then take it easy. Just be careful when overtaking.

Same here, my old clutch would slip if I got a bit agressive with it but that was before my ABS/TC was working so it warmed up very easily. Still lasted ages and I changed it when it was still fine.

You may have just rode the clutch a little too much without realising and got it a bit warm, I did this with my brand new clutch last year but can I hell as like get it to slip again as I want an excuse to buy a more sportier one....lol.

Back