Contact with absent parent who is dying.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BenF said:
isn't it strange how our parents can screw us up?

My biological parents did the decent thing and gave me up to be adopted by a couple who wanted and loved me. Obviously I was not wanted for one reason or another but I have never been interested in trying to track them down and find out. In which case, if they have been trying to find me they would have been unlucky.

I Have something similer to your self, the only differance being my Dad (Who is also a utter waste of a Life) is not suffering from anything like yours is.

He keeps trying to re enter my life- always offering a new car, buying me a home stupid stuff that he has no way of affording.

The best thing i can suggest is that has aloud me to get through his crap is just to treat him like someone who just talks alot and does nothing with the generic answer of sure whatever.

Sorry to hear though- hope everything sorts its self out for you

Reading through with you serving in the Navy I have to say that it sickens me that people like you put your lives on the line to make sure we are able to enjoy our lives and this happens

Warren, I am touched you posted this on the forum. As you know from my posts its good to talk things through. I hope you have gained thought and reason from other people opinions but only you can make the decisions.

I try to look at things on both sides...what if it were me? Would I do this? What would my family, friends, peers say/do?

Way up the pro's and cons and then let your head, your heart and finally your gut instincts decide. Remember - its only another person. Just ask the questions you need answers for, be frank, be open. But ask them nonetheless. That way your settled in knowing - no regrets. Do this for you and walk away - or then there is always a if.

A hug x

Latest posts

Back