Couple of issues, with pictures!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zinfandel

Hi folks, couple of questions it that's ok. Also, thanks you from the bottom of my heart for being so good and nice to someone who knows as little as me! This is a great community you've got and I look forward to one day being able to contribute haha.

So first question. Can anyone tell me what this is? There's a piece that sticks out and bobs up and down in whatever... it is. God I'm so sorry, please forgive me. Should the... thing be sticking out of the... bigger...thing...

E0ZygVN.jpg

The following is an expertly amended photo of an area which produces a hiss. It might happen when the car is running but I can't hear it. Seems to hiss for about 10-20 seconds after shut down.

Any ideas what it might be?

kv42Rv7.jpg

Also, just because, here's a picture of her looking pretty <3.

pjmW58F.jpg

My sincere thanks for any help :)

Ash

The quick answers here are no and I don't think it should hiss, that probably means pressure is escaping. (Is the lid on properly?)

As for the brake fluid reservoir it should have a yellow cap on it like in this picture (ignore the arrow)

ThrottlePositionSensor.jpg

not to dis RED's coment, but the ac can hiss from time to time, it wil his louder if there is low pressure/fluid levels. this is because the gas flows trough an oriphise (did I get that right?) and that in turn makes the gas expand and is how you get the cold air, from the reaction in that expansion, that can be heard as an audiable hiss or so. and ofcours if it leaks, but if it leaks, then it wil only his for so long :)

the bobing thing is the low brake fluid warning light floater. there is a pice missing from the lid that holds this down :) (the yelow piece that RED talks about)

hope this helps :)

Through an orifice eh? This forum is not what I was expecting :eek:

Thanks for the help guys. Cartman, the hissing does appear to be from the cylinder things that sits in the gap under the wipers and I think that's something to do with the AC. As for the brake reservoir cap I've messaged puma bits asking if they've got one spare... That'll keep them in work!

No offence taken Cartman :) I don't claim to know everything which is why the forum is a great place to get multiple input.

red said:
No offence taken Cartman :) I don't claim to know everything which is why the forum is a great place to get multiple input.

Super :D

just to add, it might be an orifice, or a thermal expansion valve, that is the 2 types found on cars today, but I'm pretty shure the puma has the orifice kind :)

mix2000 said:
Its also veeery clean.... :)

Haha, well I gave the outside a good going over this weekend. Once I've got the filters changed this weekend I'll give her a good old going over in under the bonnet. Oo er missus!

And oddly enough, the wheels are absolutely mint. Not a mark on them.

Puma Babe said:
What colour is your coolant??? It should be very pink (only asking as it isn't visible in the picture)

It's very pink, I can only assume something to do with the light/colour filter on the camera. I promise it's fine!

It does bubble sometimes... Is it meant to do that?

Latest posts

Back