cracked pussy...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickydink

Peed off!
On way home from work yesterday thinking i had a bit of water at bottom of windscreen but had it in back of my mind, it may be a chip.

Well i got out when i got home and me and Rhys looked and theres a huge crack forming from the bottom right of the windscreen. Peed off, i really am cos i don't want the expense. I am greatful that nothing major ever goes wrong wi the car though don't get me wrong!

Rhys knows somewhere in Scunthorpe that charged hima tenner to replace his windscreen BUT mine is heated so this may not work for me :(

We will see, i will go on Wednesday on my day off to try and sort it.

You could try and find a second hand one, they usually come up pretty reasonably :)

Never good though, I drove a car on the weekend which had a massive crack round the bottom of the windscreen.

As you say though at least these aren't major things that occur, just annoying!

gutted for you Vicky :(

Good thing is that nothing major has happend and hopefully you can get it replaced soon...as Red says I would look for a second hand one...

Good luck :)

If you've fully comp insurance, you may just need to pay a nominal amount to get a new one. I had a new one a couple of years ago through insurance and it cost me £50 or something. Doesn't effect NCD either.

As Dal says, if your insurance is fully comp you can claim!! I had to have a new windscreen in my previous fiesta within 2 days of buying the car. Cost me £50 excess!!

Large stone flicked up from a HGV!! :wink:

Craig :cool:

Adrian Flux i am with, well thats the broker anyway and it is £80 :( VERY rare to get a puma in a scrappy or owt for me to get second hand one here :(

Why not try Woolley? He's scrapping my FRP :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

It had a heated screen and I can't recall any major chips.

My screen has cracked too, £75 on the insurance. I was quoted £50 by a local company to fit a second hand if i supplied it, so insurance are going to get a call.

vickydink said:
Adrian Flux i am with, well thats the broker anyway and it is £80 :( VERY rare to get a puma in a scrappy or owt for me to get second hand one here :(

There's always a few advertised as breaking on Ebay!!

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/_W0QQ_nkwZ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... R40QQ_mdoZ

Craig :cool:

I've got a star chip on my screen, just left of the driver's view :x

Serves me right for chasing a Beemer on the M40 :twisted:

Sorry to hear about the large crack in your windscreen :(
Hope you get it sorted out all right on wednesday
Hopefully your insurance might cover most of the cost

Ann

I took a Focus to a place in Scunny and they only charged £160 for a heated one fitted but can I buggery remember the name of the place.

Sorry, that's no freaking help at all.

Hope you get it sorted.

EDIT:- Just googled it and put a marker on the map, dunno if it helps but makes me feel better now....lol

[albumimg]1521[/albumimg]

£160 vis double my excess though so i won't be doing that, thanks though. You can get some good places in Scunthorpe!
Bush tyres, i am always recommending them! Brakes, clutches, tyres, alloys etc!! Top place! Say i recommended you if you ever need them :)

Back