Creaky Steering

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah

Only on one side, the right. The left had its steering arm replaced earlier this year after I'd driven into a kerb to avoid an old duffer in a Peugeot from crashing into the side of me. :evil:

Anyway, just recently, when I steer a hard right, for example, to park, there's an arthritic creaking that comes from below.

Everything else is fine.

Please say it'll cost less than £20 and I can do it with a fleeting technical knowledge. Go on....

Hmmm, it sounds like some sort of joint. Mine had a dodgy CV joint for about 2 years, every time i pulled away, as the weight of the car went backwards, then forwards, it would clunk. Puma$peed noticed it when swapping the bushes. It cost me half an hours labout and about £25 for the arm as i remember, so shouldnt be too bad if its that or similar, you need to identify the problem though.

Sarah resurfaces!

faintthud.gif

My guess would be a bush on the right lower wishbone.

Hello! Sorry, yes, been away doing stuff and working like a bee-yatch. It's not had bushes in a long, long time....and it's on 88k, so probably. Do they really creak, though? It seems more connected to steering but I do, admittedly, know bugger all about cars. And how's you, Dal?

I don't think so. Just if I'm turning right, normally quite a stiff right, you know, pulling into a parking space where it's full lock or something.

Back