cruching sound 1.7

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slyvr

My puma is making a crunchy, diesel sound whenever engine is on load. Meachanic said that the vct cam pully and vct solenoid have wears. I replaced them with other parts from another breaking puma and cannot make it dissapear. Has anyone ever encountered this problem? and what could be the fix? I pretty desperate since it's been a while since it started. Any help would be appreciated. thanks :-(

When you say on load, do you mean pulling off in high gear at low speeds and at low RPM, or also at higher rev ranges and speeds?

sounds like a terrible diagnosis... a complete shot in the dark!

from your description a bit hard to diagnose over the internet i'd say.... but the far more obvious likely causes are worn bottom end componants..or just simply it needs timing up properly with some new pulleys and tensioner maybe..??

There's no way VCT solenoid would cause 'crunching' noises.. if the solenoid were not operating properly it would generate fault code to say so...

Chris

el dude said:
sounds like a terrible diagnosis... a complete shot in the dark!

from your description a bit hard to diagnose over the internet i'd say.... but the far more obvious likely causes are worn bottom end componants..or just simply it needs timing up properly with some new pulleys and tensioner maybe..??

There's no way VCT solenoid would cause 'crunching' noises.. if the solenoid were not operating properly it would generate fault code to say so...

Chris

Well.. pulleys are in good shape, tensioner also, belt is brand new. It's crunching like it is going to hell in low rev range, especially in 1st gear. In higher revs it doesn't sound like this. Idling it sounds just like a diesel engine

are you sure its not the ABS self test? that sounds like a crunching vibrating kind of sound.

Latest posts

Back