Custom upper Strut Brace?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chubz

Basically my neighbour spotted the gaps under the front top mounts on my car , explained to him about how most people have it etc...

He offered to take some measurements, and if its beneficial... he is going to make me a 'custom' upper brace that takes up the gap between the turret and top mounts...
...in theory it would actually make a difference to the suspension, rather than just drilling 4 holes in each turret , but im no expert , so thought i would ask on here. :grin:

Would this work , or is there supposed to be a gap there for a reason ?

If it was a good idea and it went to plan, we would maybe look at getting some made up for puma/fiesta owners.

Thanks !

Matt

yeah iv been told its not a good idea by a couple of people. lol....

if anyone knows differently id like to hear it lol... i thought it would be a good idea personally, but obviously not :lol:

The gap is there for a reason.

To demonstrate why. Pop the bonnet and start the engine.
Then get a glamorous assistant to turn the steering lock to lock while you watch the movement in the top of your suspension.
;-)

unfortunately i have no glamorous assistants around here, im not that lucky haha

but yeah had a few people explain it to me, im probably best off sticking with an OMP brace and welding it on.

If you just look at it on full lock one way, then the other you`ll make sense of it.
I have just fitted an omp brace. perfectly good enough

Iv got an adjustable upper brace at the moment.

not fitted as im sure i want a steel one to weld on,, just got other things i need to buy first!
..do the full braces make a noticeable difference then ? .. front upper and rear will be welded in, and lower front would be the OMP item on the wishbone bolts.
Had a set before but got rid as i didnt wanna drill holes in my turrets lol

Back