Cylinder head

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jboy01

Hi all

i have finally come to terms that my cylinder head has gone :cry: :evil: :evil: :'(
But as i am turning my puma into a track car, what the hell im going to attempt it myself as the way i see it you cant race/maintain it if you dont know how it works right? :)
I can get the head skimmed no problem but i wanna do the donkey work myself.

I am fairly mech minded but if anyone has any experiance,tips or guidence i would greatly welcome it as the car is off the road perm, time is not an issue but know how is.

a few questions so far

do i need a cam locking tool?
do i need to drop the gear box out?
to replace the timing belt how do i set the timing up?
can i do away with the air con whilst im in their?

any advice welcome cheers

yes you need the cam locking tools
no you dont need to drop the gearbox
changing the belt is up to you how long has it been on there etc??!
you can get rid of the air con at any point but you need a bracket to move the power steering pump to replace it not sure about the pipes??

any thing you need to know just ask i done a fair few of them now! im changing my head in next couple of weeks if you local your more than welcome to come watch! :eek:k:

Much appreaciated mate think im a bit far away (Teesside).
The belt i cant vauch for looks old so better safe than sorry me thinks.
But if you dont mind me picking your brains over the next couple of weeks that would be spot on.

Thanks again

haha! you any thing you wanna know just ask! if i have time i will take pics when im doin my own one! :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back