day 2 of puma ..alarm !!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sal1stpuma

Hi guys,

Hope ya can help. i had my puma 1 day and the alarm keeps going off, every time i open a door. i can not even open the boot now. i can start the engine and it moves off fine but the loghts keep flashing... can i reset it ? first car as well. :grin:

I don't know anything about the alarm or to reset it but if it's sounding, the alarm horn is behind the rhs rear passenger door card if you want to disconnect it. Just in case I'm slightly wrong about this try removing the rear rhs side carpet first, it might be under or just forward of the rear seat belt mount
Barry

Your local Ford dealer will be able to tell you how to reset the alarm using your key fob, should do it for free, mine did without any problem over the phone :grin:

Agree with martinthrapston, had the same with a damaged drivers door lock. It will trigger the central locking but the mechanism doesn't trigger the alarm to disarm. Try the passenger door as that's likely to have less wear.

Mine has this prob, someone has disconnected the alarm for me(thanks) as it was going off, but I've managed to re-programme the remote fob, so that helps, just need to sort the drivers door lock, then it'll be sorted

Thanks for your help guys... i will be trying again this morning after 9am not to irritate the neighbours :)

nah...if any of your neighbours are anything like mine do it now :lol:

Some people in my street don't seem to give a shit about their neighbours so if I had the chance to wake some of the selfish gits up I would :lol:

Sorry, wrong thread I guess as that was a big grumble....hope you get lock/alarm sorted ;)

Mine did this a few years back.It was the microswitch in the door.IIRC it cost about 40 quid and i reprogrammed the key.You can try pulling out the alarm plug under the drivers footwell carpet to shut it up.It will still run as the immob is a seperate system.

Hi, welcome, :thumbs: sometimes if you lock the drivers door with the key and open with the fob it will stop.

Latest posts

Back