Does anyone know this car please?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PumaHammer

Hello people.

Last year I got rid of my Puma as I found the sills were too far gone and really didn't want to throw money at it.

Am maybe buying another one, just need to go see it. Trouble is it's a 2 hour drive, so any info if possible might help if the car is already know by someone on here.

The reg is T720 JJA - silver - 1.7 with leather interior.

Cheers guys,

Steve.

I don't know the car, which is what you asked but... Seems like a lot of money for the mileage especially if you take their finance option!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Puma-1-7-Petrol-Manual-New-Mot-Just-Serviced-Inc-Cambelt-Waterpump-/131492179735?hash=item1e9d8b6f17:g:qcsAAOSwEeFVNU9o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I must agree with Phil.
That`s quite a high price for a car with those miles.

Try not to be seduced by the Recaro interior!
£250 will buy you one for any puma and this car is never worth 1250. (all down to the 130k)

If it`s the finance that`s appealing, this too is expensive.
Why not look at borrowing a grand `traditionally` and get bartering with cash.
Personally I wouldn`t go for this one..

here`s one I found in 2 mins
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-Ford-Puma-1-7-3dr-/121832087039?hash=item1c5dc21dff:g:59kAAOSwv-NWWMpo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think that car has been up for sale for a long time. I remember seeing an ad identical to the link in PhilLew's post with same pictures/finance deal when I was looking for mine, which was 18 months ago! Something odd about it. Whoever is selling it is asking over the odds - but maybe not bothered and using it as a daily until the right punter comes along?

Cheers guys.

It's not the interior that interests me, though it is quite nice. Basically, after speaking to the guy selling it has has told me arches and sills have both been done, and that's the main reason I am thinking about it. I do think it's over the odds as well but buying cheaper, maybe I will have rust issues which will cost me anyway. Also, the mileage, yes it's high, but the car is almost 16 years old, so it works out less than average per year. My old CVH Xr3i had done way more than that and was still going strong when I sold it. Shame it's not Jap or German lol

All I can do is go and look. I will also be checking the rear beam bushes, as on my last one they were terrible.

In two minds now, but thank you so much for the help :)

If the seller tells you arches are repaired check with a fridge magnet that it's not just filler.Went to look at an "immaculate" Millenium when I was searching for one.Car looked good until you tried to stick a magnet on arches and rear sills the whole lot was filler.Told him I wanted a metal car not a plastic one.For some reason he got the hump.

gingerdave said:
If the seller tells you arches are repaired check with a fridge magnet that it's not just filler.Went to look at an "immaculate" millennium when I was searching for one.Car looked good until you tried to stick a magnet on arches and rear sills the whole lot was filler.Told him I wanted a metal car not a plastic one.For some reason he got the hump.

You.Are.So. Right.

gingerdave said:
If the seller tells you arches are repaired check with a fridge magnet that it's not just filler.Went to look at an "immaculate" millennium when I was searching for one.Car looked good until you tried to stick a magnet on arches and rear sills the whole lot was filler.Told him I wanted a metal car not a plastic one.For some reason he got the hump.

Nice idea buddy, cheers :)

Good luck with it Steve if you go and see it. As it seems to have been for sale for so long, you may be able to do a decent deal with him

Pleased to tell you that yes Pumas are a bit Japanese as the 1.7 engine was made by Yamaha!

Ok, I took the plunge. Yes I got it on finance as things are a bit tight at the moment, but I really don't mind. As I said in an earlier post, I know I am paying over the odds, but I feel I will save on the rust issue had I bought a differen one cheaper. Took it for a decent test, ragged it, braked, twisted and turned - think I scared the guy at one point pulling up sharp - he held on to the door after that lol No knocks or rattles at all.

One thing with the Recaro seats, can they be height adjusted? I haven't had a chance to look yet.

I gave the back of the car a good old shove from left to right, and no knocking from bushes, which was nice to (not) hear lol

The arches and sills are very solid, and the paint work is really smooth, shiny and even all over.

All lights and electrics work, air con cold, heater lovely and warm, temp need stays in 'normal'. I even checked the oill filler cap for mayo after test just in case there was a head gasked problem and it had been cleaned before I got there. Even the oil on the dipstick was nice and clear, and the wipers brand new.

Drives nice and true, and once I got out on my own after the deal, I was smiling like a cheshire cat. I have missed the engine tone, rev range and just the whole drive really.

No issues at all at the moment, and after a 110 mile drive back home, I'm satisfied that I haven't purchased a lemon :) If something pops up, well, I will deal with it. Could happen with any car, whether old or new, so we shall see :)

Back