drivers seat

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassman

Hi all,

I have a 1999 red 1.4 Puma which is in excellent condition but has a couple of problems. The drivers seat ( all manual) is stuck in the high postion. The lever works as it should and stops at the end of its travel but the seat doesn't move.

This is probably connected with the fact that the rear of the squab (I think that's what you call the bit you sit on?) is loose and sticking up, it's not connected any more but it goes down when you sit on it.

Can anyone help with a diagnosis please?

thanks, Tom.

I would start by checking that the seat is bolted to the cars floor at the rear 2 bolts on the inner rear of the seat and one on the outside rear of the seat iirc.

Assuming you haven't got some severe rust problem and the floors not coming away with the seat the worse case scenario is you need a replacement seat. These are really cheap used for Pumas' and if your patient people give them away from time to time.

Hi, thanks for that, as soon as it cools down a bit I'll start by checking them but I think the seat is secure, it's only the cushion at the back that moves.

Oh right sorry I seem to have misread that as the squab the bit you sit on was loose.

Back