Puma Millennium W965 RDU

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to be lower than the exhaust. Might even be power steering pump. Need it on a lift to get a better look really.

Gave the drivers side head light a strip down and clean. Loads of gunk behind the light as there had been an oil leak at some point which covered the inner wing. Fairly easy job on these.

View attachment 10942

View attachment 10943

View attachment 10944

View attachment 10945

View attachment 10946
Hi Tom, the car looks fabulous. I see you've had the headlight completely apart. Did you use butyl rubber glue to reseal? This is a new product to us. I've read up a bit on how to use it. Does one really need to put it in an oven before and after putting the pieces back together? Any advice gratefully received.

Hi Tom, the car looks fabulous. I see you've had the headlight completely apart. Did you use butyl rubber glue to reseal? This is a new product to us. I've read up a bit on how to use it. Does one really need to put it in an oven before and after putting the pieces back together? Any advice gratefully received.
I didn’t use any sealer putting it back together as the lense and black internal part of the light is one piece and could stay as such even after removing the light lenses.

Last edited:
It’s been a few weeks since an update.

The car has been tucked away as the weather has been iffy.

Did manage to attend Brightlingsea car show.
IMG_0815.jpeg

IMG_0817.jpeg

IMG_0818.jpeg

IMG_0820.jpeg

Met another owner whilst I was there too, Nice to meet you @RICHARDMANSFIELD2 great to see your puma in the flesh!
IMG_0823.jpeg

Gave her an oil and filter change yesterday after a good few miles this year (1500 🤣)

Also refitted the dished wheel. I have long legs and this lets me sit right.

IMG_0908.jpeg

IMG_0906.jpeg

IMG_0905.jpeg

Starting to list some winter jobs to tackle now that show season is wrapping up.

- Re paint rear bumper, bonnet and drivers A Pilar.

- Get drivers seat bolster repaired properly.

- fit replacement radiator

- fit silicone coolant hoses

- Make the front splitter

- Wax oil rear inner arches.

- take the front wings off to assess corrosion / rust.

- change plugs

- Replace gas struts on tailgate

- find a dashboard triangle!!!

Looks like a nice comfy steering wheel.👍

I've done a good "fewer" miles than you - booked my Ka in for it's MOT next week. I've done 307 miles since it's MOT last year :ROFLMAO:
It's nearly hit a milestone of 4000 miles from new - I might take it out for a good run so it hits 4k around it's 8th Birthday next month 😲🥳

Looks like a nice comfy steering wheel.👍

I've done a good "fewer" miles than you - booked my Ka in for it's MOT next week. I've done 307 miles since it's MOT last year :ROFLMAO:
It's nearly hit a milestone of 4000 miles from new - I might take it out for a good run so it hits 4k around it's 8th Birthday next month 😲🥳

I do, I really really do :ROFLMAO:
I drove about 700 miles in 5 days last week in my Medium Steel blue Puma, so that's now done about 5k miles in the last 11 months and about 4k miles in my Red Puma since March, plus I have 2 other cars on the road.
Downside is that insurance is due on 3 in November !

I drove about 700 miles in 5 days last week in my Medium Steel blue Puma, so that's now done about 5k miles in the last 11 months and about 4k miles in my Red Puma since March, plus I have 2 other cars on the road.
Downside is that insurance is due on 3 in November !
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance come renewal time then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Last drive the handbrake gave out when I got home. Nothing broken just the cable end jumps out of the holder. First dry day to get under it and sort.

Re seated and aligned with cable ties. Hopefully that keeps it solid for a while.

IMG_1019.jpeg

IMG_1020.jpeg

IMG_1023.jpeg

Grabbed some underside shots. Mainly to document and figure out any maintenance needs. Need a lift! 🤣

IMG_1027.jpeg

IMG_1028.jpeg

IMG_1029.jpeg

Last drive the handbrake gave out when I got home. Nothing broken just the cable end jumps out of the holder. First dry day to get under it and sort.

Re seated and aligned with cable ties. Hopefully that keeps it solid for a while.

View attachment 11559

View attachment 11560

View attachment 11561

Grabbed some underside shots. Mainly to document and figure out any maintenance needs. Need a lift! 🤣

View attachment 11562

View attachment 11563

View attachment 11564

Had the same happen to me when I had the Thunder. I suspect after 20+ years the cables may have stretched a bit. Now I've adjusted any unnecessary slack in the cables, very easy to do.

Back