dull headlights, brighter replacement??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. Halfords are diabolical.

After posting that picture on here i thought id reserve
Them for store collection so they cant argue with me. When i went to collect them he double checked what id wanted, i paid for them and as i was walking through the shop floor i had a daunting feeling.

I checked what hed "reserved" for me. One hb3 9005.... Smashing!! Checked the other... Hb4 9006

WTF!!!?

I went straight back, id have been suffering high blood pressure if id paid full price and walked out theshop because the girl said they wouldnt have chanhed them for me. EVEN THO ITS THEIR MISTAKE.

Anyway. Drama over i have the bulbs in my boot. Now.... How do i change them? :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arRJkRpC9bo[/youtube]

Dal said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arRJkRpC9bo[/youtube]

Thanks for the link to vid, makes it much easier rather than snapping something off! lol I am getting bogof on the above halfords bulbs tonight. Hoping for a bit better light down those country lanes, other week I was well shocked how bad they were down country roads in the rain/dark compared to my wifes 206.

Changed mine today what an ordeal just to change a bulb was ok doing it at home would not like to do this road side in the rain/dark!!
All went on well had some wierd make bulbs for low beam and philips for high, replaced with halfords ones shown above (bogof)
Also replaced side lights with LED though only one works doh forgot to test other before putting it all back on.
Also found one light did not have the drain tube attached but does not seem of caused any problems.

can not wait to test in the dark now!

bunch1980 said:
Changed mine today what an ordeal just to change a bulb was ok doing it at home would not like to do this road side in the rain/dark!!
All went on well had some wierd make bulbs for low beam and philips for high, replaced with halfords ones shown above (bogof)
Also replaced side lights with LED though only one works doh forgot to test other before putting it all back on.
Also found one light did not have the drain tube attached but does not seem of caused any problems.

ive just put LED sightlight bulbs in our puma & one of them didnt work to begin with, took it out & put it back in the other way round & it worked,

Redlinemike said:
bunch1980 said:

ive just put LED sightlight bulbs in our puma & one of them didnt work to begin with, took it out & put it back in the other way round & it worked,

Ah bugger lol, sure I read polarity didnt matter with leds but guess it does lol, knew I should of tested it first. Still no I have done it wont take long to whip it out again and swap around thanks!

Been after some extreme brilliance bulbs for a while now, but after a few trips to halfords and them never having the right ones in stock I came across these; Ultra Brilliance.

IMG_1139.jpg

It says on the packet theyre supposed to be 120% brigher than regular bulbs, and on the extreme brilliance packet it stated they were 90% brighter. Plus the Ultra Brilliance were on BOGOF so I thought for an extra fiver why not, that way I get brighter bulbs today and not have to wait until next time when they probably still wont have the right ones in stock.

I changed the bulbs over tonight so I could test the difference... Not at good as HIDs but not bad for legal bulbs :cool: lol at least now i might be able to see where i'm going a bit better at night.

Before:

IMG_1136.jpg

After:

IMG_1138.jpg

I haven't had a chance to test mine yet down dark country roads as in town or well lit areas it does not really matter what light i have as its so bright cant see head lights much, its only when heading out of town.

Even bogof for £24.99 on ones I got seems a lot for bulbs lol.

I live down a dark country road :lol:

And yea £24.99 I think is steep.. And I paid an extra fiver for mine lol

Not too bad a price really - mine are £65 upwards each!

£30 to be able to actually see the road seems like quite good value for money,

I was talking to a HID guy at the nec car show last weekend....he says its all completely legal and obviously gets enough questions he'd printed out the legal info and laminated it to show to people!!

basically it stated 'blah blah.....MAY....blah blah' ie washers / adjusters etc may be fitted not 'must' be fitted

after that it said that if washers etc were fitted they MUST work. he did say it was more of an issue with cars that level off the suspension etc, as far as im aware the puma's lights just level to each other. something iv disconnected and do manually as i got fed up with the motors burning out.

Its all in the wording, as with anything else legal.

As for the spread of light im not sure, but having looked at a few you tube videos it looks as per normal.

Im thinking of going the HID route as looks to be quite a lot of other people doing it on all sorts of older cars and doesnt seem to be anything on MoT or police issues so im assuming its all safe / legal.

Ive always bought my bulbs from the same guy on ebay (Aceparts) paid around £8.00 for a set of HB3's and much brighter than original bulbs and as a bright white look good aswell

fitted LED sidelights and job done

I just refuse to pay £25 for a pair of bulbs full stop.

Back