Brighter headlights?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you John, I put the brighter bulbs in but in the wrong position! I was still a bit tired from the infection ( thats my excuse) so still as woeful on dipped beam. I am going to sort it out tomorrow then decide if I need extra bright high beams too.

Thank you John, I put the brighter bulbs in but in the wrong position! I was still a bit tired from the infection ( thats my excuse) so still as woeful on dipped beam. I am going to sort it out tomorrow then decide if I need extra bright high beams too.
On both of my Puma's I have the Osrams in the dipped beam and some cheap eBay Xenon bulbs for the main beam, they weren't great in the dipped beam but are Ok for the main beam.
I've also put the bulb's in the wrong light, but only once !

I have tackled this problem last spring. Since I had one extra pair of headlights from the scrapyard, I decided to refurbish them. I had the reflectors recoated in silver, i polished the projector lenses and sanded, polished and waxed the outside plastic lenses.IMG_7509.JPGIMG_7551.JPGIMG_7802.JPGIMG_8433.JPG
I have also put in some Osram Nightbreakers and the difference is quite remarquable compared to the previous state of the light output. The only downside of those Nightbreakers could be their stated shorter lifespan, but I have already covered around 5k kms with them and they are still holding up great. I am even less bothered by this fact, since I do not use the Puma as my daily anymore.
It is still not as good as xenon lights on my other car, but I see much better at night in the Puma. :)
Unfortunately I could not find any photos where the light output is clearly visible. I will upolad some, when I take them. :) IMG_1737.JPGIMG_3570.JPGIMG_3571.JPG

I have tackled this problem last spring. Since I had one extra pair of headlights from the scrapyard, I decided to refurbish them. I had the reflectors recoated in silver, i polished the projector lenses and sanded, polished and waxed the outside plastic lenses.View attachment 12187View attachment 12188View attachment 12189View attachment 12190
I have also put in some Osram Nightbreakers and the difference is quite remarquable compared to the previous state of the light output. The only downside of those Nightbreakers could be their stated shorter lifespan, but I have already covered around 5k kms with them and they are still holding up great. I am even less bothered by this fact, since I do not use the Puma as my daily anymore.
It is still not as good as xenon lights on my other car, but I see much better at night in the Puma. :)
Unfortunately I could not find any photos where the light output is clearly visible. I will upolad some, when I take them. :) View attachment 12191View attachment 12192View attachment 12193
I have been using Osram Nightbreakers for many years on several different cars, think that I've only had one fail and that was about 8 years old, a Phillips Extreme vision only lasted just over a year, replaced with the Osram Nightbreakers, and that was 4 years ago and I mainly use the car at night in the winter.

Back