Eat my carbons, weenie!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DradusContact

Last night, i was crawling along in some traffic at a few miles an hour. My junction was coming up, and not being the cause of the jam it was totally empty. Its not so much a junction, as as another expressway thats splits off from the one i was originally on. When i finally got to pull off onto mine, i decided to gun it, as there was a tigra behind me.

Even giving her a second to realise i was going for it, the performance of it was pretty poor, as i could see she was trying to catch me and she closed quickly on me once i eased off at 70. Following that is an extremly sharp bend that turns 270 degrees counter clockwise and back under itself, with a recommended speed of 30. I took if much faster than that but she couldnt stay close :)

when she turned off up the road i was even more pleased to see it was a 1.8!

Move over Steve McQueen...Dradus is the new road king......

:funny:

Must have been a fairly modern one as the old ones were 1.4 & 1.6.

The 1.8 is on a par with the puma performance wise:
0-60 = 9.1s
Top Speed = 127mph
123 bhp

maybe just as not as good a driver as you.. and not so good in the bends.... obviously....

I do recall (in the dark) attempting to outdrag a Cayenne Turbo with my 1.7 on the straight bit of road past Lakenheath air base under the misapprehension that it was a Chrysler Voyager.

:oops:

That must have been a bit of a "Oh bugger..." moment Rob.

I've had a bit of an ongoing argument at work with a 'mate' who is convinced his fat overweight Golf Gti Mk4 (the 2.0 one) is faster than my Puma. I happen to think otherwise, as the Golf only develops around 120 odd bhp, but weighs about 4 tonnes.

Funnily enough, I don't get on with him too well, as he's the kind of person who thinks editing the Puma entry on wikipedia to read 'best car for hairdressers and girls' is hilarious.

He sounds intelligent Neil...

Dal said:
That must have been a bit of a "Oh bugger..." moment Rob.

To the day I sold it there was this huge depression in the floor pan directly under the accelerator pedal.

Neil said:
I've had a bit of an ongoing argument at work with a 'mate' who is convinced his fat overweight Golf Gti Mk4 (the 2.0 one) is faster than my Puma. I happen to think otherwise, as the Golf only develops around 120 odd bhp, but weighs about 4 tonnes.

Indeed, they weigh around 1200kg, which makes the bhp/tonne to be around 96... and that is very poor!

Comparisons...

Model: Mk4 (vs. Puma)
Engine: 2.0 (1.7)
BHP: 115 (123)
0-60: 10.5s (8.8s)
Top Speed: 121 (126)
Weight: 1200kg (1039kg)
Power-to-Weight: 96 (118)

VW stats from: http://www.golfgti.co.uk/viewfeature_co" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... atureID=11

Ford stats from: http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Sum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ?model=260

And if he's still in any doubt, tell him you know a Ka that'll race him for logbooks... :twisted: :-D

Ha ha - thanks for that!

Will be sure to show him that next time I see him :D

Looking forward to seeing your Puma powered Ka. I had a ka for a long time and i was tempted to do it several times, but i could never justify the cost. Incidently pumaka i think i sold you an induction kit on the other puma site, do you remember?

Back