Ebay 4-2-1 manifold?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dziku

Anybody use one of them? Is it worth anything? I think it will do better than stock iron.
With aftermarket cat, and 57mm rest of the system...
I also plan 1.4/1.6 exhaust cam, frp map and 53mm tb.

Also, does anyone can provide me with frp inlet manifold dimentions, so we could copy it? I think there is chance that good 3d pinting will do.

red said:
Good luck, the 3D printing of the inlet manifold sounds interesting
Yeah, but without so mesurements its imposible.
I need dimension of plenum(posibly inside), trumpets(also inside) and estimated length of runners, rest i think will be restricted by space around the engine...

Dziku said:
Anybody use one of them? Is it worth anything? I think it will do better than stock iron.
With aftermarket cat, and 57mm rest of the system...
I also plan 1.4/1.6 exhaust cam, frp map and 53mm tb.

Also, does anyone can provide me with frp inlet manifold dimentions, so we could copy it? I think there is chance that good 3d pinting will do.

Yes I bought a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold from eBay (for £20!). It is not without its problems... apparently the face where it meets the gasket/head is a poor finish and needs skimming to be 100% flat.
Also there is no provision for support at the bottom of the engine block like the original manifold, you should investigate making your own bracket/welding.
The flexi part is (in my opinion) too short and doesn't give enough flex for engine rock. This can be mitigated by fitting a stiffer gearbox torque mount. The short flexi part increases leverage/movement on the manifold around the head, which loosens the manifold nuts over time.
Fitting it is a bit of a pain if you don't have a lift. I found it easier to take the RHS driveshaft out to give a bit more room.
You have to use imagination to fit a catalyst. I imported one from USA that is sort of generic, it has correct diameter to fit the exit pipe. My car is a 2 lambda sensor so the catalyst I'm using has a 'post-cat' sensor boss. You can run the original sensor wire by splicing in extra length - make sure it is heatproofed in suitable sleeving.

I have 1 lambda ecu(muff) and i need to fit this to focus mk1, cat isn't problem, universal metal with suitable diameter will do, then rest of focus 1.8/2.0 exhaust system.....
Thank for the info.
Its time to find pinouts and make loom from 1.6 focus loom...

Back