ECU failing to diagnose

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aldoaccie

Has anyone had any trouble in reading codes? I've the dreaded ABS light on and despite changing all sensors and the pump, it's still on.
Decided to bite the bullet and take it to a local garage. They think that the ECU is guff as their diagnostic machines are failing to connect. I couldn't pick up any failt codes on my obd sensor either, so kind of having to agree with them.
Not concerned about reading fault codes, but need the ABS warning light to go off to pass the MOT.
Question is, would the constant ABS light and the failure to connect to the ECU suggest that the ECU is indeed faulty?
Other than send it to a car spark, i'm out if options. Really don't want to replace the ECU if it won't do any good.
Any help would be gratefully received!

TBH I think the ECU is least of your worries. It is really easily replaceable, the only hurdle is you will have to get the keys coded for it again.
Sorry, can't advise on other parts of your post

Cheers for that. Really dont the hassle of changing the transponder, so i'll perhaps just go over the wiring.

I don't know much about this but I think there are few code readers that can read ABS fault codes and I would doubt that it would be the ECU that's at fault.
Barry

Cheers. Really hope that it's not the ECU and dont think that it is, but gid only knows whats wrong with it.

ABS and fault codes and how to check has been posted on this before so hopefully someone who knows something about it will read this and volunteer advice.
Barry

You can do yourself diagnose using the simplest chinese OBDII reader for 15 GBP. Just download forscan (http://www.forscan.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and it will do the same thing they did at garage. Plus, you can do your own rolling test to see what are the speeds of each wheel on car and that should help you track down your problems

Again, cheers. I have a chinese sensor kicking about so i'll try that. Thanks for the input chaps.

Back