Eibach Springs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tekz

Can these springs be put on a stock puma 1.7.

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_puma_eibach_pro_spring_kit_328.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would anything else need to be adjusted as it will lower the car 30mm?
Would it need new dampeners?
Anything else I should know in regards to lowering with this springs and lowering in general?

Thanks,
Will

tekz said:
Can these springs be put on a stock puma 1.7.

Yes

tekz said:
Would anything else need to be adjusted as it will lower the car 30mm?

No

tekz said:
Would it need new dampeners?

No but dampers can benefit the handling with lowering springs.

tekz said:
Anything else I should know in regards to lowering with this springs and lowering in general?

Sometimes lowering can cause the wheel to make contact with the wheel arch liner, but someone has had there car lowered by 40mm with no adverse effects.

Sidenote: just on the off chance make sure your insurance company knows about you lowering your car or they could (albeit very unlikely) void your insurance if you get into an accident.

what xrion said

however not sure where you have got this thing about wheel arch contact from that iv seen you bring up a few times now. The only time iv ever heard of anyone with contact issues is with at least 17" wheels and maybe lowered 60mm, stock wheels will be fine to pretty much lower what you want and 16"s will allow for a decent lowering of at least 60mm, unless of course you are using a vastly wrong wheel offset

that said i think for optimal handling purposes you dont really want to be going any lower then 40mm then you start altering things like scrub radius etc which may have adverse effects

I run the eibach springs on std dampers (i replaced them with new ford OE) and replaced the top mounts too - only other thing i did was have it all aligned again to make sure was setup to avoid tyre wear.

Thanks guys, im going to get them along with new dampers for the front.
I was going to go with munroe (oem spec) but apparently they're not too good, maybe some KYM's instead, ofcourse I'd love to get bilsteins but at 150 quid for a single shock I don't think I can afford them. If i'm going to replace the rear end springs should I might as well replace the shocks in terms of garage work?

Can anyone tell me what part number I need for a 2000 w reg puma for rear shock absorbers, apparently they changed the type of suspension to the rear.

http://www.wanapart.co.uk/Shock-Absorbers-FORD-PUMA-(EC_" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)%3Cbr%3E1997/3-2002/6-1.7-16V%3Cbr%3EPetrol%3Cbr%3ECoupe%3Cbr%3E92-Kw%3Cbr%3E125-HP%3Cbr%3E1997/3/c32_3716566_3719947_3719950/index.html?page=1

Also, does it matter what top mounts / bearings you use?

ScubaSteve said:
what xrion said

however not sure where you have got this thing about wheel arch contact from that iv seen you bring up a few times now. The only time iv ever heard of anyone with contact issues is with at least 17" wheels and maybe lowered 60mm, stock wheels will be fine to pretty much lower what you want and 16"s will allow for a decent lowering of at least 60mm, unless of course you are using a vastly wrong wheel offset

that said i think for optimal handling purposes you dont really want to be going any lower then 40mm then you start altering things like scrub radius etc which may have adverse effects

had it on my 1.7 when i lowered it. on hard cornering the wheel made contact with the liner.

what wheels? how low?

i was 60mm at least on standard wheels never touched once on track sessions

saying that was coilovers, so maybe because it was stiffer it didnt happen.

might be worth upgrading shocks with springs to avoid

look at it lol, where it joins the rear beam does the shock have an eye, or a bracket that goes over the sides of the beam

Back