Electric window switches.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mexico

Hi, the electric windows on my wife's Puma work very intermittently. They're so bad now that she's afraid to open either window from either side in case they won't go back up again. However, we are unsure how to remove the switches and their surrounds, can anyone suggest the best way to do this please?

IIRC the window switch surrounds just unclip off with a pull...

you will then be able to remove the switches....

That's what I thought. However, plenty of experience with our Mondeo has taught me how fragile Ford plastic clips can be. I guess I'll have to just bite the bullet and risk giving them a tug.

indeedy.... I managed to get my old ones off without breaking them lol

good luck :)

Pulled mine off a few times its easy to do. Lever the top bit off with a screwdriver then you can grip them in the middle with some pliers and just pull straight up.

well if you feel the need to get into the door properly and really have a look at them windows then i'd recommend taking the whole door card off. its really easy and you just have to be brave with it when pulling off.

Once that is off it is a lot easier to check the windows and the motors and the wiring..

I've no problem with taking the door cards off - believe me it can't be any more of a nuisance than a mondeo. It's just that years of experience with Fords tell me that it's probably the switches. So that's where I'm looking first.

Taking the door off is ever more problematic in my experience due the broken clips that always result when it is pulled off.

I couldn't agree more. Why do Ford have to do things "On the cheap" so much?

Back