Engine Temperature Gauge Help Needed Please .

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lester

Hi Guys ,Can anyone help with a problem i'v got with a 98 1700.The temperature gauge was constantly right over on the right past the red section even when the car was stone cold .Even with all the wires disconnected from back of dash clocks so i assumed that it was a faulty gauge itself .I have bought another set of dash clocks but as soon as turn ignition on even when the car is cold it goes right over past the red again but with the new set of gauges when i turn ignition off the needle drops right down to the left ,i know it's supposed to stay in the middle even when the ignition is turned off if the car has got up to working temp .I'v looked in the handbook but can't see anything about a relay or fuse in there covering the engine temperature gauge .Has anyone had this problem as i'm now pulling my hair out (what's left of it) .Any help would really be appreciated .Thanks Lester

Maybe the actual temperature sender for the dials is faulty?

Do you know if there are 1 or 2 different senders .Read somewhere something about 1 for the dash and 1 for the ecu ,but don't know if that's correct .This car has the Analogue dash .Cheers

I believe there are two senders like you say. One for the ECU and one foe the dash

Hi Guys ,Problem now sorted .It was the 2nd temperature sensor they fitted on early puma;s .Had to change the dash clocks as well because when the sensor failed it shorted the dash temperature gauge Hope this of help to anyone else that comes across this problem.

Back