Ex-Pressed Steel Rear 1/4 Panels for Puma & Racing!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g-whizz

EDIT=Ex-Pressed Steel STILL looking to produce the above if "we"/anyone can get "as new" panels to the company to use as prototypes. They will also be able to produce smaller arch repair panels from the pressings. This could be of significant benefit to those wishing to sort their crumbling FRP's or never wanting to let go of their cherished standard Puma.

I realise that this is a looooong shot but does anyone have any of these squirrelled away? If so EX-Pressed would either purchase from you or give you a newly-pressed replacement.

Give them a shout via [email protected] to discuss it.

YOG said:
[post]347973[/post] http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29276

Cheers, my bad, have amended the post... I did make contact about it before posting just in case this had been done before or if I was committing any forum faux pas by asking....ah, well, not to worry, as Barry says, can't hurt reminding people :grin:

....and from reading that it seems I was not the only one who had some difficulty with them. Tried to explain to them that they might have a better response if they provided more incentive...like paying AND a replacement panel, which they claimed wouldn't be "cost viable"? Given that it would be just four panels across four production runs it seemed a little short-sighted to me. Apologies gentlemen for unintentionally going over old ground. :oops:

Hi Greg
Let's not get into criticising Express as without them we would have no access to new panels. Orders speak louder than giving them a hard time on the phone. I'm currently re-building an Anglia for my son and without Express producing panels I would be screwed!
Barry

tuonokid said:
[post]347977[/post] Hi Greg
Let's not get into criticising Express as without them we would have no access to new panels. Orders speak louder than giving them a hard time on the phone. I'm currently re-building an Anglia for my son and without Express producing panels I would be screwed!
Barry
Hi Barry, for me it was actually via email, and a perfectly civil exchange of differing views on how best to get folks to part with their v. precious panels. ... Hope the Anglia going well. :eek:k:

Hi Greg
I wasn't having a go at you, I'm just trying to be a shock absorber between peoples wants and what businesses can realisticly do for them.
Barry

tuonokid said:
[post]347979[/post] Hi Greg
I wasn't having a go at you, I'm just trying to be a shock absorber between peoples wants and what businesses can realisticly do for them.
Barry
Hi Barry, not a problem at all...I seem to have inadvertently waded into slightly choppy waters with this...am v. happy to doggie paddle back to the safety of dry land, especially as I've already got the German panels and having them fitted in a week :grin:

Cheers Greg
you're a good member on here. Don't worry about your contribution as you've only tried the same as the rest of us. At the end of the day we're only working towards the same ending.
Barry

tuonokid said:
[post]347981[/post] Cheers Greg
you're a good member on here. Don't worry about your contribution as you've only tried the same as the rest of us. At the end of the day we're only working towards the same ending.
Barry
:eek:k:

Greg, my FRP and standard quarters are winging their way to Ex-Pressed Steel in a couple of weeks as from the quality of the sills I've seen, and the panels Barry has got for the Anglia I trust they'll do them justice and save a few more from the scrap heap.

so you are saying that we will son be able to get frp rear quarters whitout paying the extrosionist prices at pumabuild???

SAIONARA pumaspeed plastic rear arches :)

Cartman said:
[post]347985[/post] so you are saying that we will son be able to get frp rear quarters whitout paying the extrosionist prices at pumabuild???

SAIONARA pumaspeed plastic rear arches :)

Ha, ha. Now I can't promise that but they'll have a full set and if the sills are anything to go by, they'll be reasonable

XAF said:
[post]347984[/post] Greg, my FRP and standard quarters are winging their way to Ex-Pressed Steel in a couple of weeks as from the quality of the sills I've seen, and the panels Barry has got for the Anglia I trust they'll do them justice and save a few more from the scrap heap.
Hi XAF, that's great news...though must admit leaves me a little baffled as, if they've got that sorted with you, not sure why the dozen plus email exchange with me over it? Could really have saved my blushes here :grin: Not to worry, it's all part of life's rich tapestry, and the main thing is they will be produced...and hats off to you for sending them the panels! :thumbs:

g-whizz said:
XAF said:
[post]347984[/post] Greg, my FRP and standard quarters are winging their way to Ex-Pressed Steel in a couple of weeks as from the quality of the sills I've seen, and the panels Barry has got for the Anglia I trust they'll do them justice and save a few more from the scrap heap.
Hi XAF, that's great news...though must admit leaves me a little baffled as, if they've got that sorted with you, not sure why the dozen plus email exchange with me over it? Could really have saved my blushes here :grin: Not to worry, it's all part of life's rich tapestry, and the main thing is they will be produced...and hats off to you for sending them the panels! :thumbs:

They've already got a drivers side FRP rear arch, and if you've got deep pockets you can still get hold of them. Passenger side ones are like hens teeth. PumaBuild still advertise them but they not got any. So, against my better judgement I agreed to sell my passenger side FRP arch for the greater good in the hope they'll start reproducing them in the future. Same goes for the standard Puma quarter. I've got a brand new one of those hanging on the wall which is also for the passenger side, so I've agreed to sell that too.

I am a habitual parts hoarder for my Puma's but really hope this will help them stay alive in the future

ArtfulHussy said:
[post]348006[/post] XAF is that both sides for standard and FRP? :eek:

They'll have both sides for the FRP when I drop mine off, but only the passenger standard quarter. I did have a drivers one, but that's now on the car :grin:

Back