Exhaust race tube.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sisangster

Got my race tube today and can't for the life of me get the flexi pip bolts out rusted solid really need some advice plz. Could I cut off the bolts and put new ones in ?

I plan to drill out the old rusty as fook ones and replace with other bolts not the pin ones but with a spring washer between two bolts I think this will b ok ?

When I fitted mine.. I had to cut the rusty bolts off and drill new holes...

You many also find that the race tube isn't quite the same size as the standard mid section. I had to use plenty of exhaust sealer and do the clamp up nice and tight :thumbs:

Yeah I could do that but funds are a little tight hence the race tube. At a later date I will be getting a full s/s system fitted including a custom made manni but for now the tube will do.
Yep that's the plan cut drill putty hopefully won't take too long. When I was having a go yesterday at undoing the bold my ms thought it would b funny to beep the horn so I slipped of the ratchet and smashed my hand now it hurts like hell but she laughed so glad I made her smile :roll:

Back