Fiesta ST suspected immobiliser issue

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtfulHussy

Drove car to work this morning no issues.

Jumped into car to leave work. All electrics going as normal, fuel pump primes, turn key to crank, f@#k all. Is continue to operate as normal. Immobiliser light is flashing like billio. No pattern to it, just manic flashing.

Any ideas? Can't even find the right fuse diagram for it :(

Mk6 fiesta st..

Nope. We ended up pushing into the workshop overnight and this morning one of the boys said it fired up no problems...

Hate this car.

Frank said:
[post]354562[/post]
ArtfulHussy said:
[post]354529[/post] fuel pump primes
Not an immobiliser fault then.

Ah, that's even stranger then :( I don't know much about immobilisers in general and I was coming up with surprisingly limited information on a google search. I think I'm a bit spoilt when it comes to help and advice for the puma!

Hopefully it will start up when I finish work today and I may take it straight out to the garage and dump it with him, even if he doesn't get to it for a few days at least it will be in the right place!

This stuff is useful - http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=352039#p352039

I had an intermittent starting problem - mine was the chassis to engine earthing strap. Looked fine, but voltage drop test said otherwise. I fitted a massive new flat earthing strap for £4.50. Job done, no problems since.

Multimeters really are only £5 off Amazon these days and even if you don't intend to do the job yourself they are very useful. You often end up fixing the problem yourself just by doing the testing.

Can bus special. Have you jet washed or wax oiled it recently. I had a couple of occasions when airbag lights come on, then the electric windows and mirror stopped working, switch the ignition off and on it stopped. This I think was due to one of the two impact sensor on the front bumper getting a little two wet. After a week it sorted its self, just before I was going to take it in. I'd check You tube, you won't be the only person I suspect, and the yanks like telling everyone.

Haven't washed it since I bought it :lol:

In any case I have dropped it with the garage as it was booked in anyway. He is going to stick a reader on it and have a poke around as it has an idle issue as well...

Soooo the fiesta has been sitting for a while as I've had a few odd jobs to do before I can start rebuilding it. Today the brake pipe in the bay got replaced so I got the airbox etc refitted and went to start the car but the immobiliser won't let it. The key doesn't seem to be able to lock or unlock remotely, though it has a brand new battery. While I was in the key though it did look quite damaged, looks like someone else has already had a go at the contacts etc. 

This time the fuel pump isn't priming. The dash lights come on but that's it.

I've disconnected the battery because for some reason the sidelights were on and the nsf indicators were flashing rapidly. Do I need a new key? Can anyone explain the process for getting one?

Back