first puma owner

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iownawolf

hi my fellow puma lovers :) so got my 1.4 puma today and its currently in the garage for couple days cause i dont know when cambelt was changed and the abs light / traction control light comes on and off mostly on tho, oh and the coolant fan is constantly on when the engine is turned on, and the temperature odemetre is on stand still on the dashboard .. strange as it passed its nct 2 weeks ago :\ but what a car to drive and sooo sporty .. 57 k miles on the clock :cool:

Welcome to the site, hope your car gets sorted out nicely so that you can continue to enjoy it!

Cambelt on a 1.4 somewhere around £150 I'd say. The ABS is probably a sensor so probably looking about £100 there and then the other issues depend on the problem, you could be looking at a new thermostat/sender? So your estimate is probably sensible.

I'd be wary about driving it if the temp gauge isn't working though, would be a nightmare if it over heated.

well ive 500 quid in the budget so it should cover the problem hopefully .. will also be looking to fix up the rust arches but thats for another time :grin:

CAR IS PARKED UP NOT DRIVING TILL ITS FIXED.. the belt looks new on it but want them to check \ maybe get it done for ease of mind

now all thats sorted apart from the fan temp switch which is been done tommrow... :D i got 10 w 40 oil put into her is this ok? for ease of mind .. also what colour should gearbox and steering oil be ? :?

Hello welcome, I recently got me a 1.4,
With regards to the oil 5/30 is the correct oil, also I was advised that it is recommended that the oil is changed every 5000 miles or 6 months whichever comes first, can't remember why the chap (a former puma driver) said why maybe someone on here will know lol
Darren

thanks a mill so maybe i should take the new oil out and put 5 w 30 into her?? or will that just be messing with the engine .. only got the 10 w 40 in 2 days ago .. not sure what oil was in her before that as i recently bought it :/

Back