First puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coachwhip

My106 gti failed MOT which wasn't surprising. So I've ended up with a puma. Looking through auto trader and it jumped out at me as I've always liked the looks of them.

IMG_20141001_124558.jpg

450 with 12 months MOT, 1.4 so cheaper tax, with selling106 and cheaper tax and insurance factored in, the puma owes me £65
Fairly tidy, looks good underneath.
Some work needed, door mirror broke, interior mirror too low, bad repair on front wing and rear arches need looking at.
Couple more issues, even though full ticket, warped disc or drum, so I'll be looking at brake upgrades.
Also shocks no good, bounces way too much. So maybe upgrade suspension sometime, though I can live with it.

Stereo upgrades look much easier than Peugeot, looks like I can fit my 6.5 inch speakers a little easier now.

Mine

Hi welcome to the forum and to Puma ownership. You will soon be fitting a 1.7 in there !

Thanks, just fitted a Hcv, there wasn't one on it which explains why it was always hot. Also stuck a mirror on it now, silver but at least I can see now.

Yeah, done by garage that sold it. But need car for work. Mirror should be pass because interior mirror and drivers OK. Used to be that two mirrors needed to work.
Brakes I don't think should have passed, but if you use them harder they pull up fine. Just under light braking a pulse can be felt. But I've driven much worse before.

As an update got my front speakers in. Not finished yet, need to put in a load of sound deadening. Still getting there slowly.
IMG_20141024_162600.jpg

Back