fitting a DAB unit

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grogee

Just thought I'd share my experience so far with fitting a Pioneer DAB unit...

I've been using a DAB splitter (takes original antenna feed and outputs DAB signal plus FM signal) but it's pretty unsatisfactory, neither FM nor DAB reception are very good.

I'm going to end up fitting a glass-mount DAB antenna that fits on passenger side windscreen. Does anyone know if the windscreen heater elements will interfere with this or stop it working?

Just to update, I did this, it's well worth the effort, much better reception now. You have to sand off some paint on the A-pillar for the antenna to ground to, it comes with a sticky copper patch. Anyway with this done I get very good reception so job done... doesn't seem to be a problem with screen elements.

Think I misled you by saying you had to take paint of the A-pillar... I mean the INSIDE of the A-pillar, as in behind the finisher. It looks something like this when it's installed, you just get a bit of a black box on the passenger side, nothing too serious.

Attachments

• dab.jpg
    dab.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts

Back