fitting HID kit

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul-carter

I am after getting a Hid kit for my puma however I cant see anyway round the fact that main beam and low beam are separate is it the case of buying two HID kits ?? many thanks

I don't think you'd need HIDs for the high beam?

Also HIDs are a can of worms here due to their retrofitted legalities, whether they should have headlamp washers, auto height adjustment, beam pattern etc.

Only need one kit, for the dipped beam. The beam patter is different on the main beam and spreads a lot wider.

I've done a lot of digging around with regards to headlamp levelling and washing systems being used with HID.
I've understood it that a failure will result if those systems are inoperative IF fitted.
It's all in the wording, but also depends on how the MOT tester defines the rules.
I've been MOT'd with HIDs at two different places and didn't fail at either.

As Red says, it's all a bit of a can of worms.

I think the general consensus would be...
Read the rules
Make your own mind up
If you get fined or fail an MOT with them, don't come crying to us! Lol

I had them in mines and ended up taken them out and got 100w bulbs from eBay yeah they are cheap but don't he job

HID's will not pass an MOT period, I have them fitted to mine and my local MOT station pass them knowing there fitted and not strictly legal but then again Ford should be charged for the deaths of those puma drivers crashing at night because of the shit lights they came with.

HIDs and possibly having to mess about around MOT time or DEATH driving at night, you choose

How about you causing the death of a motorcyclist coming the other way round a corner because your illegal lights blinded them?

oilburner said:
How about you causing the death of a motorcyclist coming the other way round a corner because your illegal lights blinded them?
We don't all drive around with badly adjusted/aligned headlights..... :p

The Puma lights are actually not too bad at night BUT you have to make sure your plastic lenses are clear of scratches and pits; the inside is clean and not fogged up and you have new decent bulbs.

I would guess the amount of people that complain they've bad headlights because they've got a 15 year old dull bulb behind a scratched to buggery lens is quite significant.

Back