Flat first gear

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chriscooke

I’ve just bought a puma’d zetec s which has supposedly had a remap at some point. The car feels good from second through fifth but is woefully under powered in first. I know the standard cars are limited in first and second but this is more noticeable than my Puma which is stock.

Has anyone experienced similar?

Yep, My puma’d rally car fiesta was exactly the same, disable the torque limiter and it’ll fix it, it happened to me when I put a lower ratio gearbox in it!

There’s a few ways of disabling the torque limiter, you can cut the wire from the ecu (57 on a tape ecu, blue/white wire), have it mapped out, or you can do something with the VSS in the gearbox, but i’m not sure how to do that!

Cheers for the reply, that might make sense as I think the previous owner fitted a 1.6 box when they added an rst lsd. The car was meant to be cammed and mapped too but it was much the same speed as my standard Puma was so not so sure. May send off for an frp map, these disable the torque limiter don’t they?

Yes, FRP Ecu disables torque limiter in first and some say second, how true that is though I am unsure!

Latest posts

Back