Flo-Flex?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
me i would fit them they last for a age and they feel harder and better i have them on the rear

I've got them fitted on the rear beam. A lot firmer but not excessive. As for the fit, I would say they are very snug, but as you would need to use plenty of copper grease, it makes them easier to push in:

03032012502.jpg

03032012509.jpg

Inner bushes, after removing the old OEM bushes, the inners wer about 3mm too small and clearly no use for me. After hours of trying to remove them without the correct bush removal tool and finding out that they dont fit, I just called the motor factors and asked for and immediate delivery for new OEM wishbones with bushes fitted. I'll be using Pro-Flex for the rear.

Wasn't them not fitting to do with whether you had Ford wishbones or aftermarket?

There was a size difference between the two?

i think i'll give them a go. it must of been your wishbones... surely they can't make them 3mm too small by accident. and if they are too small well i can just replace them with powerflex ones i guess

yeah i heard that people buy fiesta ones. how do you know they are factory wishbones? have you owned the car from new?

No, not owned from new but have the entire service history from new, it had 1 owner before me and guarenteed the complete parts and service history was included. No mention of wishbone change. I reckon, that because Puma and Fiesta are 'supposed' to be exact that they sell them as the same kits, yet fiesta may be slightly off... Im really not sure.

flo-flex have a bad reputation for fit and wear throughout the ford scene.

choose another brand like super flex or powerflex.

might cost a bit more but like they say, you get what you pay for.

warrenpenalver said:
flo-flex have a bad reputation for fit and wear throughout the ford scene.

choose another brand like super flex or powerflex.

might cost a bit more but like they say, you get what you pay for.

Seconded!
I buy alot of parts, but I am a true believer of you get what you pay for. I spend a little more to get brand new of better parts... sure I make myself skint in the first week of the month... but I've learnt my lesson on cheap parts...

I'm sure everyone car sympathise with the example of cheap HCV's... the same goes for other parts.

I disagree, I fitted flow flex to my front wishbones in my FRP, and they fit perfect, there were 2 different sizes available, so I measured mine first and then ordered the correct ones for my wishbones. The big rear bush was difficult to fit, but I managed in the end with perseverance, & I was very pleased with them. I took them out because I was struggling to keep the car straight, & thought perhaps it could be bushes, & replaced with powerflex. I felt no difference what so ever, except my wallet was a lot lighter!!! My issue turned out to be the sub frame not located properly.

I cant speak for anyone else, but the parts i got were a perfect fit, the ad clearly stated there were 2 different sizes. It may be down to there being different sizes, or it may be down to ford making different sizes of wishbone, and people replacing parts with fiesta parts or aftermarket, i really dont know. Here are the flo flex rears with Powerflex fronts fitted for reference

IMG00278-20111011-1810.jpg

i guess i'll get the correct size and see how they fit. surely though if people replace the wishbones then bushes that would fit the standard ones wouldn't fit ones of a different size?

Well id have thought so, but then a lot come with bushes already installed, so perhaps they didnt use the same size bush, i really dont know. Ive still got my flo flex bushes, i could get a measurement if you like??

Back