Flocking

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qwertben

Im looking to get my interior flocked, ive seen pictures of russevs and pumajays and they look really good,

I quite like blue and have it as a running theme sort of so id be looking to get the dash in blue with black with matching A and B pillars.
Sorta like this
Blue-dash-2_1266000532.JPG

Basically im after ppls opinons and maybe sum where local to the midlands that would actully flock it for me :grin:

Hey, The flocking in the picture looks good, not sure if i'd want to go all one colour as it might be a bit to much for my liking!
What about two-tone so the colour is broken up a bit? Blue an black maybe?
I guess it also depends on what seats you have fitted? Would work well with the FRP interior.
Im sure people on here have flocked their interiors? maybe if your lucky they'll post up some pictures..

well atm i do have an frp interior just missing the front seats,
Two tone could work with the glove box and the air bag part on the passenger side

Give this guy a look - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=625251" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have to confess that back in the very early 1970s I had my 1500cc Cortina Mk1 GT flocked

Externally

Black.

I wish I had a picture, but over the years they have been lost.

i might try doing the smaller parts in suede, anyone had any experience working with it?

XIIVVX said:
I have to confess that back in the very early 1970s I had my 1500cc Cortina Mk1 GT flocked

Externally

Black.

I wish I had a picture, but over the years they have been lost.

I wish you had a picture too, that must have looked FLOCKING mad!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

It was amazing - A Cortina Mk1 1500GT. Against the black the chrome bezels on the lights stood out really well. It was matt looking, a precursor of some of today's wraps, and most importantly from my point of view it covered up some annoying tin worm very effectively.

I was forever being flagged down by people and asked where I had had it done.

Best laugh ever was once when I stopped to ask a couple directions in the dark (but street lit). The guy was helpful, the girl, not really concentrating, then at one point with her back to the car, reached behind her to put her hands on the wing.

She screamed and jumped forward the moment she touched the 'fur'

Easy to keep clean, an auto carwas was the answer as there was no danger of scratching.

Best one of the same time was the guy with the Tiger-flocked Mustang

Just thinking for when the 996 goes.

Cheap Puma with rusty arches + external flocking

Or is this a "Never go back" moment?

Re Reflections

A light colour on the dash will reflect off the windscreen when (if) the sun shines on it :grin:

didnt think of that lol, the whole reason i want to get it flocked is to stop the reflection

I have to say (in my opinion of course)

.......looks flocking awful!

But each to their own etc....

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=73185" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

An FRP interior flocked beautifully, in case you haven't seen it.

Looks. Absolutely. Stunning.

Back