focus st progress thread - now sold!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Car was at Fords today for a service and a Health check.

Was told the front tyres are low and do I want to replace them today? I told them to look in the boot as there are 2 new Goodyears in there ready to go on. I'll go round the corner and get them fitted for a fiver thanks.

Other than that it's all fine which is always good to hear :eek:k:

I'll get some decent photos of it (rather than my camera phone when I picked it up) this weekend if the weather holds out. The pearlescent nature of the paint leaps out at you when the sun's on it. :cool:

Who said an asbo can't be economical?

101120112515.jpg

Got that after driving home down A, B and town centre roads after 35 miles. It was bloody hard keeping it off boost though and driving like a grandma!

And as I said over there - that's the experiment over - back to normal tomorrow!

Not bad - the Beige Box doesn't even do that kind of mpg when driven carefully!

The 3 tanks I've used in it so far have produced 31.3mpg 32.3mpg and 31.5mpg working it out manually and through spritmonitor the total since I've owned it comes out at

Saying that I've been driving carefully in this drizzly, damp weather as my 2 front tyres need replacing with the 2 new ones in my hall. That's not to say I haven't had fun at times :twisted:

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/topic/10812-mpg-poll-once-and-for-all/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think I could keep that up for an entire tank though! It was hard enough for the 35 mile trip home just the once!

If I had wanted good MPG I'd have kept the Mondeo as I am enjoying the extra performance, honest!

Must be an age thing Dal as I had to try a fairly conservative spell of driving at the weekend but nowhere near 42 (I'd be in heaven....lol!!)....I got a somewhat pleasing 28 on the way back from the RX meet.

Dal said:
If I had wanted good MPG I'd have kept the Mondeo as I am enjoying the extra performance, honest!
I have to keep telling myself that sort of thing as I'm struggling to get more than 20 if I use rex round town. Having to stop/start for lights/junctions/traffic isn't good for the wallet. Glad I decided the RX is mostly for long distance work when you don't need to be screaming through the gears all the time even though it is good fun....especially with the TCS disabled ;)

Must admit I have a little buyer remorse at the moment and thinking I should've gone for a big V8 running on LPG for the best of both worlds - hopefully that remorse will pass.

I think coming from a torque laden diesel helps with the conservative driving style. Changing gear smoothly and at low revs without wringing it's neck to get performance. The Focus hasn't as much torque as the Mondeo had, but it's proportionate to the size of car and the gearing is a bit better suited to the car I think.

Gave it it's first proper wash yesterday and gave it a damn good claying then followed with a good coat of Poorboys Polish with sealant. Next wash will get some Collinite 476 for the winter.

The weather was a bit overcast which was good for washing and polishing, but doesn't show the immense fleck in the paint when the sun's on it:

4d252679.jpg

ae611c45.jpg

The sills took a lot of claying but was worth it:
1b32b08c.jpg

Front is virtually unmarked:
30eff319.jpg

Some sun on the back finally showing the different colour you get in the sun:
d89be4c1.jpg

:cool:

Back