Ford Fair 2017 - Should Project Puma go or not??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherie

Sunday 6th August 2017
Silverstone Circuit

http://www.fordfair.co.uk/club-tickets

The new organisers of Ford Fair have seen fit to increase the ticket prices by £5 EACH. Taking the prices from £18 to £23, plus the £2 booking fee for their ridiculous new online booking system.

There are a number of clubs at the moment who have, or are considering boycotting the show because this, so I want to know everyone's thoughts over whether we should bother or not.

Sounds like we're backed into a corner, and on principle I'd usually say 'sod them', but in the big scheme of things I'd not stop going to what is a great day for the sake of £5-7. I'll just do the British thing and whine about it at every opportunity!!

I personally think £25 is a reasonable sum for what is offered, although I don't agree with online booking fees one has to deal with it and think of the positives.

Saying that I don't even know if i'll have a road-worthy Puma by then :?

At least they don't charge an extra £12 for parking like for the NEC shows. If we are still going I will be there extra money or not.
Barry

We only all meet up for two shows a year together now so it's got to be a yes, it's worth the extra money just for us to all be on our stand together at least,

Slightly off on a tangent as I have no idea how these things are arranged, but do know it's a lot of work and hassle for our fair leaders...

Do we have any choices on where our stand is (says the guy who has only been once :roll: ). Only because it would be great to have a Puma presence in the heart of the show rather than on the edge. Plus my OCD doesn't get on well with tree sap :lol:

XAF said:
Slightly off on a tangent as I have no idea how these things are arranged, but do know it's a lot of work and hassle for our fair leaders...

Do we have any choices on where our stand is (says the guy who has only been once :roll: ). Only because it would be great to have a Puma presence in the heart of the show rather than on the edge. Plus my OCD doesn't get on well with tree sap :lol:
No, we don't get a choice on the stand location. Some of the larger clubs seem to, but us smaller ones always get shoved to the sides.

sadly there is no way I could get to it anyway but it does seem a bit like "the captive audience" syndrome, lets see how high we can get the price before we break them.
Having said that I saw some pics from last year and it looks like a good show so if I could get there I dare say that the price would not be too big a problem....I paid £25 this year for Truckfest after all.

Fiesta in the park?? any info yet cos that one I can get to :)

zinc2000 said:
Fiesta in the park?? any info yet cos that one I can get to :)

I had to nudge the organiser to get confirmation, but it's all going ahead, so I'll get a thread up shortly.

According to the email I just got about Ford Fair and following the link therein:

Club Show Entry Prices
FREE exclusive Ford Fair T-Shirt and show guide (RRP £15) with every advance ticket ordered!

Club Weekend Camping Ticket - £33*

Includes camping on Saturday night, as well as show entry on Sunday.

Club Show Entry Ticket - £23*

Includes entry to the show on Sunday.

Up to TWO children aged 14 and under FREE with each paying adult. Additional children £5 each.

*Please note all bookings are subject to a £2.00 booking fee

I'm there too if you guys will have me. I'm attending Trax with CGC again this year and considering that is £27 this year, Ford fair is a bargain to see you lot again :grin:

It's the Puma's 20th Anniversary; I'm attempting to harness the power of the Ford Puma Owners Club Facebook group with nearly 3,500 members to try and get 100+ cars along. Because Puma.

Got about 50 interested parties so far, but that was just dipping my toe in the water - will really push it in the new year.

That'd be awesome if we had a monster club stand Rob - may even get a more prominent position especially as some clubs won't be going that have good spots traditionally. :thumbs:

I will try to get there as well. It is 20th birthday of puma and provided my engine overhaul and B6 gearbox install go as planned I will do about 1800 kms in each direction to bed the engine in :wink:
And of course, to meet all the nice people frequenting PP site :grin:

Wild E. Coyote said:
I will try to get there as well. It is 20th birthday of puma and provided my engine overhaul and B6 gearbox install go as planned I will do about 1800 kms in each direction to bed the engine in :wink:
And of course, to meet all the nice people frequenting PP site :grin:

That would be amazing Sinisa!

Waaah I was going to try going along next year but I'll be at a rally in Yorkshire all day so no chance :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back